Not losing while following program

Options
keengkong
keengkong Posts: 83 Member
Do some people fail to lose weight while following WW Freestyle and scrupulously following the plan? My wife is worried after a bad week.

Replies

• meatbal263
    meatbal263 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    IMO the problem with the plan is that there is no calorie accounting. Zero points foods are not zero calories so when you eat those along with food that have a point value you could consume more calories while staying well within and even under your points range. That being said its only been a week so she can play around with portion sizes and see how it goes. I am a lifetime member and I weigh in for accountability but use MFP because I need portion control.
  • keengkong
    Options
    So do you find that you have to use MFP or you'll gain weight even if you're following WW?
  • meatbal263
    meatbal263 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    I am not even doing the WW plan anymore. I gained 3 lbs in the first 2 weeks of freestyle. I did fine when there were zero point veggies but even when they switched to zero points fruits I stopped losing so I would always manually add a point. I do calculate in my head to get an average but some days I could use 20 pts and have 1600 cal and some days use 28 and have 1400. There is no way to know how many calories you are getting. Again their premise is to eat the zero points foods to satisfaction . A lot of people love it, but its not for me. And I am in maintenance so I just go to weigh for accountability and the friendships I have made.
  • keengkong
    Options
    meatbal263 wrote: »
    I am not even doing the WW plan anymore. I gained 3 lbs in the first 2 weeks of freestyle. I did fine when there were zero point veggies but even when they switched to zero points fruits I stopped losing so I would always manually add a point. I do calculate in my head to get an average but some days I could use 20 pts and have 1600 cal and some days use 28 and have 1400. There is no way to know how many calories you are getting. Again their premise is to eat the zero points foods to satisfaction . A lot of people love it, but its not for me. And I am in maintenance so I just go to weigh for accountability and the friendships I have made.

Thanks for letting me know.