Starting puréed foods tomorrow

Options
HLaR79
HLaR79 Posts: 1,519 Member
Anyone got good tips for the puréed portion?? I have the usuals, low fat soup, shakes some soft meats but I am hoping for some variety... after 3 weeks of boost and 1 week of broth and jello I am now going to have to work at those healthier choices.

Also I was not prepared for the emotions... not like “why did I do this?” Emotions, though there has been a few of those thoughts but more more of crying at everything worse then pregnancy....

Replies

• jcavanna2
    jcavanna2 Posts: 782 Member
    Options
    @HLaR79 it’s normal! Check out Bariatric Foodie, the World According to Eggface and Bariatric Eating’s recipe site - they all have great recipes for the purée stage. Good luck and we are here if you need anything!
  • loveshoe
    loveshoe Posts: 365 Member
    Options
    I ate refried beans, ricotta cheese with mashed banana, applesauce, yogurt, and mashed potatoes with gravy. I knew it was a temporary situation and just didn't put any effort into trying to find anything different.
  • 5BeautifulDays
    5BeautifulDays Posts: 683 Member
    edited July 2018
    Options
    Plain yogurt, cottage cheese, beans with a little mild taco sauce. You can make little "lasagnas" with ricotta and spaghetti sauce. A soft-boiled egg with a little butter is good. So are scrambled eggs (I couldn't eat a whole egg for months, but it's easy to grab a bite if you're making some for other folks). If you are allowed grains, cream of wheat is good.

ETA: I just went back to my diary from September 2014! That was a hoot. I seemed to like baked sweet potato and corned beef hash occasionally, besides what I listed. :)

The emotions are something that will likely pop up along the way and as the months go by, too. One of the hardest parts of recovery is realizing that the emotional things you were working on before you lost weight...well, you still need to work on them. But you'll have more strength and energy to do it when you are healthier.