Britt's FAA Journal

Options
brittdee88
brittdee88 Posts: 1,874 Member
I hope this is okay to post here, but I can't think of any other group that would understand the food addiction struggle better. I really need accountability, and journals tend to help me with that.
After a couple of binges (effectively breaking my 200+ day streak), I am going back onto the Food Addicts Anonymous meal plan I followed last year to get back on track. I tend to make a few adjustments to the plan because I have been IF'ing for so long and cannot seem to eat as many meals as they suggest, but I figure that following the basic principles with small adjustments can only help. I know that the biggest issue is my sugar addiction, so just avoiding sugar per the plan's requirements should create some success. While I have been away for the summer working, I have been eating SO MUCH SUGAR, and it has to stop.
My plan for now is to have my normal protein shake for my pre- and post-workout divided breakfast and then start with the FAA lunch. I would like to get through at least 30 consecutive successful days before trying to get back into intuitive eating.

Start: July 2
Weight:146.7

Replies

• brittdee88
    Options
    For my quick reference:
    f50y4kdcipq2.png
  • KnitOrMiss
    KnitOrMiss Posts: 10,104 Member
    Options
    Sending all the best thoughts for your ongoing success, @brittdee88
  • brittdee88
    Options
    KnitOrMiss wrote: »
    Sending all the best thoughts for your ongoing success, @brittdee88

Thank you so much. You are such a sweet soul <3
  • brittdee88
    Options
    Day 1: 6/2
    No binge yesterday!

As planned, I had a protein shake for breakfast (pre- and post-workout), and then I had the FAA lunch, dinner, and metabolic adjustment.

Mistakes (because I quickly glanced at the chart instead of looking at the full website before mealtimes):
    1. Dinner: White rice is not recommended, but I also can't eat much of it anyway without feeling sick, so that is an easy fix from now on.
    2. Metabolic Adjustment: Nuts and seeds aren't considered proteins on this plan. I am just so used to grabbing them for a quick protein boost as a vegetarian, but it makes sense that they would not recommend them since they're easy to binge. I knew enough to discard all of the dried fruit in my trail mix at least.
    3. Metabolic Adjustment: Bananas also aren't a recommended fruit, but I don't feel comfortable eating any other fruit before bed as an insomniac, so I likely won't change this.

TRIGGER WARNING: FOOD PICTURES
    (the plan assumes that these are not foods people would binge anyway, but I won't even pretend to assume that that is the case for any/everyone. I use pictures to hold myself accountable to my portion sizes)

Intake (shake and banana not included):
    osowtnry4w88.jpg
    idkq1ayykrwb.jpg
    cfs7qz8eyudj.jpg
  • KnitOrMiss
    Options
    That food is looking delicious, and I'm a meat gal, so that says a lot! I'm glad you're evaluating at each step to improve...
  • brittdee88
    Options
    I completely fell off this plan when things picked up exponentially at work, and I’ve binged a few times since the last time I posted. Instead of following a meal plan, I went back to following the No-S lifestyle yesterday, which was also super effective in stopping binges last year. It’s helpful since I am away from home and cannot prepare my own food to be 100% compliant with FAA. So far, so good. Eliminating snacks always seems to work to cut binges, and drastically reducing sugar always seems to result in success for me.
  • hillmike56
    hillmike56 Posts: 485 Member
    Options
    @brittdee88 hang in there pulling for you. I didn't realize you were a vegetarian until I read this post. I like the thought of being a vegetarian for my heart health but found the best I could do was living a life of a Pescetarian. I glad to see you back.
  • KnitOrMiss
    Options
    @brittdee88

Going low carb at doctor's request has been one of the most eye opening things I've ever done, so I can completely see that no snacking and reducing sugar would help a ton...
  • brittdee88
    Options
    Thank you, @hillmike56! I actually just went back to vegetarianism on June 27, so that's probably why! I was a pesce for a while as well, but I felt best as a veg (raw vegan was absolute bliss but SOOOOO expensive!).

@KnitOrMiss low carb has always worked well for both fat loss and temporarily killing binges, but it has just never been sustainable enough for me over the long term. I will do really well for months and then binge on all the carbs later. :s Reducing my sugar intake is definitely helping, though!
  • Keto_Vampire
    Keto_Vampire Posts: 1,670 Member
    Options
    @brittdee88, just out of curiosity, is IF much of a factor for you with regards to bingeing/ED?

I've personally found IF quite useful for feeling satisfied from eating vs. eating 5X a day (more prone to binge) as well as other useful reasons (cuts down cooking time, simplifies eating/less measurements overall, less temptation to overdo portions, etc.).
  • brittdee88
    Options
    @Keto_Vampire IF is most definitely useful for me. I think taking it up a notch and removing snacks from my IF window will be even better.
  • Niki_Fitz
    Niki_Fitz Posts: 945 Member
    Options
    This is so interesting, thanks for sharing your plan... How’s it going?
  • lamlamsmakeover
    lamlamsmakeover Posts: 6,574 Member
    Options
    Thank you for sharing this!