Weekly post 1:7:18 - 9:7:18

Options
sjgold123
sjgold123 Posts: 133 Member
edited July 2018 in Social Groups
Hi all i warn you i'm grumpy...it's a low day and i'm glad i've got one if for this week but i've been hungry and irritable. I'm mostly irritable because we have a social evening tomorrow and although i prepare for it during the day these jeapardise my loss and on top of having a low day today you start to think what am i doing it for!! One day wouldn't be so bad but some have heard me before talk how time away in the caravan also jeapardises my success and we are away this wkd. Yes i know it's down to me but it's a cylcle i struggle with.
What frustrates me is that you need 3500 calorie deficit on any diet to loose a 1llb but it seems i can eat less than that over my standard cals in three days and i put on 4llb. 4llb in three days!! Last week i went to Liverpool i had fruit for breakfast and salad for lunch to try and compensate for treats a little. I hoped i would stay the same at least. So yes i'm feeling irritable and grumpy. Sorry for negative post...i'm not caving in and diving in the cupboards it's just i feel sometimes dieting is very very boring/controlling!

Replies

• mamainthekitchen
    mamainthekitchen Posts: 929 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the start up of the week sjgold! Sorry you’re grumpy... you’re allowed so no worries :D and yes, dieting is very controlling!!! I would suggest you carefully look at the sodium intake. Sodium is in so many prepared foods... soup, sauces & dressings etc. I swear I lost about 10 lbs just from omitting club soda from my daily habit!! Thought I was doing a great thing by not having beer... but the sodium in club soda is pretty high so even though I thought by having a salad and club soda & lime to drink... I was puffy bloated and weighed more each week!! It may be worth having a keen eye on the quantity intake there.

Well I checked out new apps for my phone! I found a free timer for intermittent fasting called ‘zero’. I’m using it and so far it’s kinda cool to see that today I did a 16 hr fast! I need a little kick!
    Everyone away on holidays? Better have some good stories to tell when y’all get back here!!!
    Cheers!
  • Meghan509
    Meghan509 Posts: 1,998 Member
    Options
    Hi guys!
    Sorry for being MIA. Monday was a little busy at work. Yesterday was quiet and I got to leave early.
    Off today for Independence Day. Going to the beach a little later.
    Light day was good. Yesterday okay. Today should be okay. No big plans.
    Have a great day and see you soon. :)
  • Meghan509
    Meghan509 Posts: 1,998 Member
    Options
    Hi all!
    How's it going?
    Light day today is going pretty well. Felt strange with a day off in the middle of the week but all good. Yesterday was nice and relaxing. Feels like 90 degrees Fahrenheit here with full humidity. Woo hoo! Rain tomorrow and then a really nice week ahead for us with less humidity!
    I am not too optimistic about a loss this week and I am okay with it since it was a holiday and I ate more than usual on Tuesday and Wednesday.
    Anyone doing anything fun for the weekend or have any vacation plans? We are keeping it low key here. Hitting the beach and getting together with friends. :)
    See you all soon!
  • mamainthekitchen
    edited July 2018
    Options
    Hi all, been gorgeous weather here on the west coast too! A little thunder showers expected for Saturday though.

I’ve had an interesting week so far with the use of my new app. I did two successful days fasting for 16 hrs, which I never noticed is really not that difficult. Today I’m fasting and doing 500 cals today but not doing the timed window. I think I’ll continue to try this using my timer app to fully fast for at least 16 hrs on my 5 days then do 2 days at 500 cals not timed... maybe just a new routine will kick my big butt in gear. It’s fun to check the timer to see how long I’ve gone!

Last night though, after 9pm all hell broke loose when I broke into the cupboards!!! Other than that mishap.... I feel a little more inspired. Today I had my sons left over toast... but I’ve logged that and I’m not hungry so I’ll have grilled chicken & salad for dinner and then bind my hands with duck tape by around 8:15!!!!

Have a great day people!!
  • sjgold123
    Options
    I hear how hard it is mamainthekitchen! I had a rebelious moment yesterday afternoon as i think i allowed myself to get hungry and i was tired too so had no willpower, however i logged the cals and adjusted my tea and went for a walk. My friends cnc our evening due to childcare issues so i didn't have to endure the calories of a chinese, so as much as i was looking forward to getting together i was dreading the chinse sabotaging my loss. I feel positive this week and have had my second 500 day today. Today i found ok and actually had less than 500 cals as i wasn't craving food didn't see the point of eating if i wasn't hungry to fill the void.
    I have been clothes shopping and it was a struggle finding the smaller sizes for a change and i felt good purchasing new clothes and feeling slim it made me more open to different styles too, a good day and nice to feel the reward!
    I am away this weekend in the caravan so hoping we can get out walking with the dogs to combat the drinks that will be flowing!
    Good luck all x
  • mamainthekitchen
    Options
    New clothes reward! Congratulations sjgold!! Now that’s terrific to hear..... and two fast days in the bag as well sounds like a super positive week!! Drinks should be flowing for sure!

I walked again today... the extra walk without the dog, although I logged it wrong, but I’ve got my 10k steps in! Bbqing wild sockeye tonight! Yum and then out for dinner tomorrow.. shouldn’t be tooo bad as I’ve looked at the menu....and also going to activate my fasting timer again later tonight so it ends about 3pm tomorrow!

Have a great weekend everyone!
  • sjgold123
    Options
    Hi all so i'm back on loosing the caravan break weight...argh every time 2llb in a wkd whaaat! Anyway struggled mon and Tue although didn't over do it and now have a light day in the bag. Thanks all for the boost x good luck everyone. Well done on steps Mamainthekitchen x