13»

Replies

• MadisonMolly2017
    MadisonMolly2017 Posts: 11,132 Member
    Options
    @themedalist
    Very Helpful!
    Police dept takes them!!!
    Off I go!! (We’ve had this box for YEARS!)
    Thank you!
  • MadisonMolly2017
    Options
    Continuing with declutterfest:

Goal for today & next 3 days...declutter camping gear (that we have not used for awhile.)

Tentative plan:
    Today: 27 Thing Fling Boogie
    Mon: clothing/books/paperwork/odds & ends
    Tues: cooking gear/utensils/plates/old food etc
    Wed: bedding, towels, toiletries, etc.
  • PackerFanInGB
    PackerFanInGB Posts: 3,351 Member
    Options
    I need to continue the declutterfest into next week also! I still have to figure out what to do with all the clutter in my closet. I don't want to move it from one room to the other... I also have found a bunch of other little nooks and crannies that need a good decluttering!
  • MadisonMolly2017
    edited July 2018
    Options
    I don't want to move it from one room to the other...

^^ This!! I’m right there with you! Good luck with your closet & nooks & crannies. I’m still scared to do my clothes again. Will wait until I hit final weight. (I even went in yesterday and said just get rid of one thing and I couldn’t. I thought I’d get rid of a pair of shorts that are too big, but rationalized they’d be great for camping! LOL) All in good time, I guess.

Today, I didn’t follow my plan above; I just went for it! Emptied a bunch of cupboards...
    Ended with:
    1 bag trash
    2-3 bags recycled papers
    Found a nice pair of earrings I’d forgotten

Found some memorabilia & had a HUGE insight for me...memories tend to make me sad. I decided to re-frame them in my head “Oh, weren’t we lucky to be able to take that trip! - happy times! AND I will actively plan future camping adventures with my renewed energy to create New Happy Memories! I think these Insights will make it easier to declutter the rest of my photos/memorabilia, too!

Organized all our maps into folders.
    Re-located some art supplies.
    And I found $21.96 cents Haha! A bonus!

Going back to sift through a pile of books now & move recycling to the bin. Then I’m done for today :)

I realized, which I hadn’t before, how much I’ve changed in the past 3 years. I prefer things organized and not crammed in cupboards now. Empty spaces. It brings me true peace & happiness & some semblance of control.
  • themedalist
    themedalist Posts: 3,215 Member
    Options
    I'm glad you both are continuing Declutterfest. I like it when the weekly challenges have staying power!
  • MadisonMolly2017
    Options
    Re-doing my jewelry drawer which I did first pass in 2016!!!