Looking for some friends

Options
erinl1980
erinl1980 Posts: 8 Member
Hi everyone.. So, I’m not new to MFP but I am new to the community side of it.. I’m 37 and live in Central Illinois.. I am the Director of Accounts Payable at a company that owns over 100 nursing homes, 10 hotels and 1 daycare. So, I sit a lot at work.. ’m wanting to lose 100lbs and I’m starting today.. I’ve started and restarted a million times and each time I gain more back.. I now weigh more than I ever have.. Ugh. This stuff is hard. Maybe making some friends on here will help.. My family is zero support and my friends are all smaller than me and have never struggled with their weight so, they just kinda blink at me... So, who wants a new friend? I’m looking for local friends and just like minded friends as well. 😊

Replies

• TravelGurrl
    TravelGurrl Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Friend me!!! I think our lives are kind of mirror images. I'm a project manager, but when I don't have any projects going on, I'm basically a secretary. I probably have 100 lbs to lose too, but I don't every look at it that way. I say I have 10 pounds to lose!!! And then add another 10 and so on and so on.

We can do this!
  • kp7067
    kp7067 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Recently, I’ve been seeing articles explaining this cycle. We gain weight, we lose some, we gain it back, it gets harder to lose and easier to gain and it goes on and on.

I lost 65 lbs in 2017. I didn’t do it in the healthiest way, unfortunately. I kept it off through 2018, but recently put 20 back on. It was hard to keep off and really easy to put back on. Over the last three weeks, I’ve been trying damn hard to turn it around, and I’ve dropped about 6lbs. For me, the first 10 lbs are always the easiest to lose, and after that it gets increasingly difficult.

My point is, I’m not going to try and get down to some magic perfect weight, because I don’t want to sabotage myself by setting a goal that I may never meet. I’m trying to lose another 14 lbs (for now) because I know I can get there if I keep working at it. And I’m going to it right this time- so I don’t kill my metabolism...again.

• MrsReeves711
    MrsReeves711 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Where are all of the desk job folks trying to stay fit?