Macros anyone??

Options
jbutler9402
jbutler9402 Posts: 7 Member
I have been researching the keto diet and have been trying to follow it this past week. Honestly, there is so much info online that I'm not really sure what to follow. Does anyone know of a reliable macro calculator to figure what your goal numbers should be? Is it total carbs or net carbs that we are counting?

Replies

• tsquaredmama
    tsquaredmama Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    ruled.me is the one that was recommended and that I just started using after ALOT of research. And, from what I've learned, it's net carbs. Hope that helps.
  • KristinLeeD
    KristinLeeD Posts: 218 Member
    edited July 2018
    Options
    I like the macro calculators on ketogains.com and mindyourmacros.co

Some people calculate net carbs by subtracting fiber and sugar alcohols. After a lot of research I only subtract fiber from avocados and leafy vegetables.

If I am eating things where there are sugar alcohols to deduct, odds are I am eating things that are not nutrient dense and I am following this way of eating to be healthy and feel good, along with lose weight. When I am eating bars and sugar free candy, etc I want to overeat them.

• htek808
    htek808 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I've attached 2 screenshots of the calculator I created in Excel based on the information from PerfectKeto.com and FreeDieting.com. I was using the calculator on RuledMe.com, but I wanted to be able to get the information quicker. I'm using the Mifflin-St Jeor formula and I've been able to dial-in my marcos pretty good. Remember, being in a calorie deficit will render weight lost. Give your body at least a week or 2 to adjust and go from there with changes.

The footnotes are the comments in the associated cell. The calculations are based on the formula noted in the footnote.

cr0851tv0s5k.jpg
    bxp6hiaaomnh.jpg