New to this group

Options
sammylin13
sammylin13 Posts: 34 Member
Hi! This is not my first time using MFP but my first time in the group.

I'm 29, have 2 boys: 3.5 years old and (almost) 9 months. A busy lifestyle, always on the go, and a husband who works a lot or is on the go with us. The last time I was committed to MFP was when my youngest turned 1 (ish), and our lives were one kid less hectic. Any ways, I'm nursing my youngest, work a full time day job, and have a part time photography business. I'm looking for any tips and tricks you have for me and just plain support!!

Height: 5' 6"
CW: 159
GW: 145

Looking forward to using this group for help/inspiration!

Replies

• HoneyBadger302
    HoneyBadger302 Posts: 1,992 Member
    Options
    Welcome to the group! No children here, but I can totally relate to the crazy, crazy lifestyle! I'm finding meal prep to be a HUGE factor in my ability to stay on top of my eating - without it, it's just too easy to overeat and/or eat poorly.
  • sammylin13
    sammylin13 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Welcome to the group! No children here, but I can totally relate to the crazy, crazy lifestyle! I'm finding meal prep to be a HUGE factor in my ability to stay on top of my eating - without it, it's just too easy to overeat and/or eat poorly.

Thank you for the advice... I'm hoping to stay on the prepping train, good to know it makes a difference!
  • ExistingFish
    ExistingFish Posts: 1,259 Member
    Options
    Hi! I'm new too, also with kids!

We started meal prepping about a month or six weeks ago, we were doing great and weight was disappearing, but our containers didn't hold up so we returned them while we still can. Then DH lost job so we don't have the spare cash to replace them with better ones. I did pick up a couple of days worth today, we are going to try and get back on it. It makes portion control so easy. But prepping for a family of five takes a lot of prep!
  • Gngr09
    Gngr09 Posts: 743 Member
    Options
    Thank for letting me into this group.
    I struggle daily w body image issues - I was married to a man who was super critical of my body for 25 yrs. It does some major silent damage and I didn't realize it until I was single, lost 18 lbs and have the "mommy tummy" stretch marks and super loose skin. Now that I am dating (not naked yet for anyone) I cannot even begin to imagine getting naked for anyone. It seriously is freaking me out.