How is everyone doing today?

Options
jenbk2
jenbk2 Posts: 623 Member
I am STARVING !!! My body knows when it is feeding time because about 10 min prior my stomach feels like it is going to eat itself ! I am not giving into the cravings though. Staying strong !!!!

Replies

• caitlindrew422
    caitlindrew422 Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    My stomach was growling about 10-15 min. before lunch as well!
    I am feeling good surprisingly being my first day and all. I thought I might be lower on energy and stuff but just finished lunch and feel great. I had a kefir smoothie for breakfast and a chicken salad "unwich" (made chicken salad with greek yogurt), veggies w/ greek yogurt ranch, and grapes for lunch. So far feeling energized and excited!
    drank my lemon water this morning, drinking water like crazy, had green tea with breakfast and lunch, and I am just about to have my second serving of fruit for my lunch "dessert".
  • newstar44
    newstar44 Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    I'm doing well today. Lemon water and tea going down better. Not too many cravings yet. It helps that i keep my chocolate crave fed at night by making the chocolate yogurt concoction! At this point I'm still trying to get enough calories in. Made a delicious chicken with ped pepper and onion last night....looking forward to having it for lunch today!
  • melissan84
    melissan84 Posts: 493 Member
    Options
    :( not good. I have a huge migraine and cramping. I gave in to a peanut butter sandwich on whole wheat with skinny cow chocolates. :grumble: yeah yeah its my dang periods fault.

ugh, I will start this again tomorrow.
  • caitlindrew422
    Options
    :( not good. I have a huge migraine and cramping. I gave in to a peanut butter sandwich on whole wheat with skinny cow chocolates. :grumble: yeah yeah its my dang periods fault.

ugh, I will start this again tomorrow.

Have you read the part in the book called "Special considerations" there is a chapter in there dedicated to a modified diet for PMS time! You should check it out!
  • Calderon46
    Calderon46 Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    Slipped off the wagon a bit today. Woke up with a stinking headache and feeling sick :sick: Gave into a small egg and tomato wholemeal sandwich and a Pimms drink later on.

I'm still not able to get enough calories in, plus I'm exercising high impact too. Not sleeping very well either!!!:grumble:

I'm sure tomorrow will be a better day! I'm going to try and eat at least 1200 calories, by packing in more protein!

I'm going to weigh on Mondays, which means that I will be under pressure to eat well over the weekend, which is the most difficult part of the week.
  • slimbettie
    slimbettie Posts: 686 Member
    Options
    Hello,
    Feeling fantabulous!! It is day 4 for me and going strong.
    To all of you who have lost so much already well done :drinker:
    To those who are having a difficult time period/headaches, just keep going keep going keep going.
    Remember it is NOT about how many times you fall, BUT how many times you get up!!

All the best to all of you, let's make this a glorious awesome day :bigsmile:
  • Calderon46
    Options
    Morning all,
    Hope you all have a great day today. This day 4 for me. I'm aiming to get to 1200calories today to see if I feel any better than I did in the previous 3 days. I'm still not sleeping unfortunately since I started this diet! Don't know why that is!

I will speak to you all later on when I've finished work and my Zumba exercise class.
  • caitlindrew422
    Options
    Well today is day two, so far so good. I will admit last night was a bit of a struggle as far as cravings. I wasn't hungry but couldn't stop thinking of sweets, ooey gooey cheesy things, or carbs. It wasn't terrible, though I did have some problems sleeping, I don't really know why. I also have a headache that comes and goes, but it's not that bad either.
    I feel good today though overall, good energy, not feeling sluggish at all, still happy with what I can eat, etc.
    Can't wait to start seeing results!
  • vonns36
    vonns36 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Hey all !!!!... Feel much better today the headache has gone and not feeling as hungry....dreading the weekend though...it's always been my downfall :(
  • Calderon46
    Options
    Hi all,
    It's not a bad day, but still getting headaches!:grumble: I'm really happy I managed to get to 1100 calories today, but it was a real struggle peeps! I'm not sure if I can keep this up for another 13 days! I so want some sweets and chocolate. I'm really craving them!

I've upped my protein, so this is keeping me fuller for a lot longer. Like you all I want to start seeing results. Not sure if I should weigh in tomorrow and then again on Monday. What do you all think?????
  • Calderon46
    Options
    Day 5 over, and i feel fine. I lost 5 lbs and am so chuffed with myself. I managed a better calorie intake today. Thank you all for your continued support girls!
  • knittingbandmom
    knittingbandmom Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    Hi all,
    It's not a bad day, but still getting headaches!:grumble: I'm really happy I managed to get to 1100 calories today, but it was a real struggle peeps! I'm not sure if I can keep this up for another 13 days! I so want some sweets and chocolate. I'm really craving them!

I've upped my protein, so this is keeping me fuller for a lot longer. Like you all I want to start seeing results. Not sure if I should weigh in tomorrow and then again on Monday. What do you all think?????

Try vanilla flavored yogurt with a tablespoon of unsweetened cocoa powder (like you bake with) and a packet of Truvia. I have the Hershey's Dark Cocoa Powder and mix it with Chobani Vanilla Yogurt. It's divine and cures my chocolate need. I'm even thinking about freezing the stuff just to see . . . . . .
  • peg60
    peg60 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Getting discouraged - have not lost a single ounce in three days! I am sticking to the diet - no slip-ups. I am hoping that I will show a loss by tomorrow or Monday. Any one else having the same outcome? I also took my measurements - my waist is only two and a half inches smaller than my hips:angry: My hips measure 35 inches which is ok - but my waist measures 32.5 ugh.
  • slimbettie
    Options
    Getting discouraged - have not lost a single ounce in three days! I am sticking to the diet - no slip-ups. I am hoping that I will show a loss by tomorrow or Monday. Any one else having the same outcome? I also took my measurements - my waist is only two and a half inches smaller than my hips:angry: My hips measure 35 inches which is ok - but my waist measures 32.5 ugh.

Peg just stick to it. What ever you do DO NOT give up. Sometimes the scale will be slow to show results, but then again it might show a BIG result BANG!! Just keep on going!!
  • slimbettie
    Options
    Day 6 is nearing its end here for me. But I am below 1000cals for the day. So I must get to eating now, even though I am not hungry in the least :indifferent: BUT I know I can't eat so little, it will just jeopardise me in the future. So off to the kitchen I go..... See ya all tomorrow. Hope you have a great day :flowerforyou:
  • Calderon46
    Options
    I thought day 6 would be really difficult, because it's the weekend, but it has actually been really easy. I probably haven't eaten enough, so will log my food now!

I will probably weigh on Monday again too! Twice a week should be ok shouldn't it??? Mon & Fri!
  • slimbettie
    Options
    I thought day 6 would be really difficult, because it's the weekend, but it has actually been really easy. I probably haven't eaten enough, so will log my food now!

I will probably weigh on Monday again too! Twice a week should be ok shouldn't it??? Mon & Fri!
    I know right???? My food intake before this plan was very high calorie, so I did not eat big portions. But now, I have huge amounts of food and I don't reach my calories :grumble: I am LOVING it!!! Can't wait to be able to eat bananas...I grave the banana pancakes I've read here in the recipe section...mmmmmmmmmmm
    I will pop back in later, now off to the kitchen I go!
  • Calderon46
    Options
    I'm so glad you are doing well Slim. Keep up the good work! I won't worry about the weekends again! I went out for a walk at a castle near to where I live. We stopped for a coffee in the grounds, and my partner said, " would you like a cake to go with your coffee" I said "No than you" I am so proud of myself !:smile::smile: :smile: :smile: :smile: :smile: :smile: :smile: :smile: :smile:

I've been in the kitchen cooking for breakfast and dinner. Easy peasy! Like you slim I used to eat mega calories! Now I'm having difficulty eating to 1200 calories lolololol! How bizarre!

I'm really, really missing my bananas too. I normally have at least 1 a day! :grumble:

Hope you have a good Monday!
  • knittingbandmom
    knittingbandmom Posts: 190 Member
    Options

I know right???? My food intake before this plan was very high calorie, so I did not eat big portions. But now, I have huge amounts of food and I don't reach my calories :grumble: I am LOVING it!!! Can't wait to be able to eat bananas...I grave the banana pancakes I've read here in the recipe section...mmmmmmmmmmm
    I will pop back in later, now off to the kitchen I go!

I thought the same thing about the calories. I do not always eat 1200 or even 1000 but I'm really not hungry. I USED to eat close to 2000 and was always hungry. I think it is because we are eating real food and not processed anything and a lot of protein. Looking back I'm sure I'm getting a TON of nutrients now from my food where as I'm pretty sure I had nada before. This is the best diet plan I think I've ever tried.

I'm on day 8 and have a serious case of the lazies today. I don't think it's diet related though. For 1 it's over 105 degrees here and no one is doing a whole lot of anything here. I also think my thyroid is to blame and am going to make an appointment with dr this week to see if we can do something to help it along further. I'm losing weight and happy and all but just have days of major fatigue. I had them before starting 17 DD so I'm pretty sure it's not what I'm eating.
  • slimbettie
    Options
    Hi!

@Knitting, what about VitB deficiency? Or iron? But I am sure your doctor will be able to sort you out in no time! We are getting in loads more nutrients I agree.

I hadn't had another loss, but I am going strong and will jump on the scale again come Wednesday.

Today is Day8 and I feel wonderful :smile:

Hope you all have a great day.