To clarify what my plate should look like....

Options
Tracie422
Tracie422 Posts: 13 Member
I should be eating fish/fowl/ meat, eggs, cheese, veggies, and some kind of fat or oil. I'm trying to simplify my eating down to a set of check marks. But this seems to easy....to good to be true?

Replies

• nvmomketo
    nvmomketo Posts: 12,019 Member
    Options
    Take a look at this read for what keto meals look like.
    https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10535785/post-your-keto-dinner-pics#latest
    For LCHF, you would add in more veggies or other carbs.

If you pick fatty meats, like beef or salmon, over lean meat, like skinless chicken breast, then you may not have to add much ( or any) of oils/fats. That simplifies things even further. ;)

It is pretty easy. For me, the hardest part was thinking about giving up the carbs that I ate too much of. Once I'd done it for a day or two, it got easy pretty fast. :)

Do make sure you increase sodium to 3000-5000+ mg a day (2300 mg = 1 tsp salt). As you lower carbs you'll lose water and electrolytes which you'll need to replace or you could end up feeling quite poorly.

Good luck. :)
  • tammyfranks2
    tammyfranks2 Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    Tracie422 wrote: »
    I should be eating fish/fowl/ meat, eggs, cheese, veggies, and some kind of fat or oil. I'm trying to simplify my eating down to a set of check marks. But this seems to easy....to good to be true?

this is me .... I eat meat (not to much fish because I don't like it ) eggs, cheese, veggies, I have coffee with the extra fats , and i add real butter and olive oil to things and coconut oil . once in a while I will eat an atkins candy bar , but really am trying NOT to do that because it is to much like real candy bar and I want other carbs when I eat it . I also have started just last week the IF woe , the intermittent fasting . it has worked well with this keto/low carb lifestyle . late night eating is what I did most all my life . so That is also breaking that habit .

simple is what I love about this WOE . easy on the pocket book too. yesterday me and friend had a family get together and she made a plate of keto friendly finger food , omg so good and easy , pepperoni baked , cheese bakes (like cookies but cheese only) pickles, boiled eggs ,and pickled eggs , I was like this is awesome and it looked as pretty and any party plate.
    then we had grilled hamburgers and grilled cabbage and grilled cauliflower, and cheese . I was so full , and happy LOL

so yes do simple , do easy and yes we will lose the weight !!!! me and my friend talked about how much better we feel , how much energy we have now . I am very overweight and 7 months ago I would not have even gone , because I hurt so bad . I have lost 50 pounds in 6 months and I am never going to stop , even when I lose my goal !!

Good Luck !! add me as a friend if ya want .
  • cstehansen
    cstehansen Posts: 1,984 Member
    Options
    I also keep it pretty simple most of the time. Meat/eggs/fish with non-starchy veggie is my go to. As far as added fats, avoid the man-made ones (all veggie and seed oils) and stick to natural ones if you want to add any (butter, ghee, olive oil or coconut oil). As mentioned above, if you have fattier meat, you may not need to add any fat. Although not adding butter to broccoli seems wrong to me.
  • FIT_Goat
    FIT_Goat Posts: 4,224 Member
    Options
    3dzgj0orco57.jpg
  • fdhunt1
    fdhunt1 Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    FIT Goat:

Do you have any idea how hard it is to sit here at work and stare at this picture? I drooled all over my keyboard.