Headache

Options
zonnebloem69
zonnebloem69 Posts: 29 Member
Hi all,
I am sill in fase 1.
Drinking 3-4 liters of water a day & getting enough sleep.
In the morning and afternoon I take 1 teaspoon pink salt dissolved in water and still can't get rid of this headache. Woke up this morning and it was still there for the 3rd day in a row.
Anyone recognises this? Any advice?

Replies

• tifano
    tifano Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    Eat an avocado and get a magnesium supplement. Also eat more fat. The more fat you eat and the more you're on top of your electrolytes in the beginning the easier it will be to pass the keto flu and become fat adapted/in ketosis. In the beginning don't be a slave to the macros. The beginning needs to be focused on getting past keto flu and becoming fat adapted. Once you've got those down then you can focus on your macros. If you need help figuring out your macros once you're fat adapted let me know and I'd be happy to help...I've been at this for 18 mos and love this way of life (no I'm not a coach either).
  • ksevigne1
    ksevigne1 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I just drank a couple of sips of pickle juice and it went away almost immediately.
  • GrokRockStar
    GrokRockStar Posts: 2,938 Member
    Options
    I love pickle juice!!
    For headaches, I consume grey Celtic salt (better than Himalayan IMO), diatamaceous earth (food grade), and a tbs of MCT oil.
  • rsclause
    rsclause Posts: 3,103 Member
    Options
    First couple of weeks I felt a bit light headed and lacked energy. I also increased salt. I now feel energy increasing so I am feeling good.
  • elfkinbaby
    elfkinbaby Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I had that terrible headache for five days straight. Nothing worked... no matter how much a drank and what I drank, though full salt chicken broth did make me feel a little better. I’ve been headache free for three days now so hoping it’s gone! I feel for ya!