Ketosis without a Gall Bladder?

TranquilaSoon
TranquilaSoon Posts: 12 Member
Just wondering if any of y'all out there are having issues with ketosis because of gall bladder removal. Had mine removed 16 years ago. I have had to add back more carbs, my digestive tract was terrible, was afraid to leave the house.
But the good news...I am off my blood pressure meds!!! Dr's orders! 😄

Replies

• tifano
    tifano Posts: 155 Member
    Congrats on getting off medication. I haven’t had a gallbladder for almost 10 years and I’ve not had any issues with keto. I’ve been keto for 18 months
  • TranquilaSoon
    Thanks, Tifano.
  • katchilds
    katchilds Posts: 2 Member
    I'm on day 2 of the keto diet and I was wondering the same...if my missing gallbladder would be an issue with all the fatty foods.
  • wyntarra
    wyntarra Posts: 11 Member
    I too do not have my gall bladder and have not noticed any problems. I have a few friends who do have issues though. They swear by ox bile digestive enzymes. I've seen other people say they just take a probiotic every day.
  • TranquilaSoon
    wyntarra wrote: »
    I too do not have my gall bladder and have not noticed any problems. I have a few friends who do have issues though. They swear by ox bile digestive enzymes. I've seen other people say they just take a probiotic every day.

I will look into the enzymes. I am take a probiotic but it seems like it doesn't help. Thanks!
  • TranquilaSoon
    katchilds wrote: »
    I'm on day 2 of the keto diet and I was wondering the same...if my missing gallbladder would be an issue with all the fatty foods.

Day 2...all the best to you! I am on Day 45...feeling fine! ☺