I AM SO HUNGRY

Options
AKTipsyCat
AKTipsyCat Posts: 240 Member
Usually on this WOL I don't ever get really hungry, I eat plenty of fat and protein and can easily do my 16/8 Intermittent fasting thing... but I AM SO HUNGRY TODAY, and nothing seems to satisfy me. Not looking for answers - just venting. because I'm HUNGRY AND HANGRY...

Replies

• Xerogs
    Xerogs Posts: 328 Member
    Options
    Are you dehydrated some? That can sometimes be mistaken for hunger. I live in an arid climate so I have to be careful and drink enough water, especially if I have been working out or hiking.
  • tayusuki
    tayusuki Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    Or have you been physically exerting yourself more than usual? Also a possible cause!
  • Taliko
    Taliko Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    I can eat ALL the things when I’m ovulating. Every month for about 5 days I’m starving no matter what way I eat. Sometimes I’ll eat at maintenance calories a few days and it helps. Or just chain drink herbal tea to keep my mouth occupied.
  • mfr0125
    mfr0125 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Try some bone broth with butter...the fat will be satisfying and broth may be filling.
  • mmultanen
    mmultanen Posts: 1,029 Member
    Options
    "chain drink" made me giggle.

I, too, have hungry days still. I'm 3+ years into this WOE and sometimes on those days I just eat and try to keep it low carb.
  • nvmomketo
    nvmomketo Posts: 12,019 Member
    Options
    mmultanen wrote: »
    "chain drink" made me giggle.

I, too, have hungry days still. I'm 3+ years into this WOE and sometimes on those days I just eat and try to keep it low carb.

This is my opinion too. On hungry days, I eat more. Often a 1000 kcal more. I find that fighting it tends to draw it out for me, so the hungry day turns into hungry days, and I have more at risk days of cheating with carb comfort foods.

Extra meat and protein tends to curb that hunger fastest for me. YMMV

• AKTipsyCat
    AKTipsyCat Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    APPARENTLY - Eating all the flat iron steak last night fixed me. Only problem? None leftover for my usual lunch leftovers, ha ha.
  • retirehappy
    retirehappy Posts: 4,752 Member
    Options
    Of course a good steak fixed you right up. KCKO
  • chinatowninchina
    chinatowninchina Posts: 1,279 Member
    Options
    I think we all have them, random hungry days for whatever reason. Me, I give into them, but with stuff that's low or zero carb, previously I might have had a packet (or two/three?!) of potato chips! It doesn't matter if you eat more for a day or two, it will even out and you can eat less another day if you feel you want to. We just need to be thankful that with this WOE hungry days aren't everyday!
  • Running_and_Coffee
    Running_and_Coffee Posts: 811 Member
    Options
    For me, the fix is water (lots), an extra cup of coffee, and/or something high in fat. Glad the steak worked!
  • tcunbeliever
    tcunbeliever Posts: 8,219 Member
    Options
    I usually try spiced tea or licorice tea or coffee...
  • carlsoda
    carlsoda Posts: 3,412 Member
    Options
    I personally find the days I'm extra hungry and hangry is either when I'm coming down with something or very tired. I try to drink extra water and noticed spiking my water with low sodium salt really helps. We are all so different so I guess you just need to experiment! Good luck!!!