Just finished Week 1, day 3

Options
doriekaye
doriekaye Posts: 55 Member
Hey everyone, I'm new to running, but not new to MFP. I decided I needed to mix things up since I've been stuck at the same weight for over a year. :( I was, and still am, a little worried about finishing it. I had arthroscopic knee surgery a couple of years ago, so I'm taking it a day at a time. So far the knees, hips, and ankles are all OK. I'm always looking for motivation, so if you'd like to "friend" me, do it.

Replies

• hhill83
    hhill83 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Hey there, well done! I have started c25k too to help my weight loss. I'm new to MFP and I've just finished week 2 of the running today and all limbs are still intact as yet :-) ill send a friend request! good luck with it!
  • lippygidg
    lippygidg Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    Hi .. Im new to the group looking for some encouragement as well.
    I am not a runner by any means ... I have also finished week 1of C25k in the middle of wk 2 I got sick ( not from the workout lol just actually sick) , I have decided to start over ( getting my energy back up) If your not feeling like your body is ready to move on to the next week there is not shame in or stalling ( in weight loss) by doing a week over as many times as you need to , to feel confident to go to the next level. If your worried about your knee. You can also move on and do a Brisk pace slower jog instead of a full out run to build your knee strength then do the wk again as a run. Im sure this is nothing you havent thought of yourself .
    I will friend request you as well ... some other things you said sounds like we are in the same boat with weight loss ...
  • corrinab2705
    corrinab2705 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    :happy: Hi, I've just done run two of my first week, not a runner at all but have really wanted to prove i could run after losing over 7 stone. To say i struggle to get out of bed to do my run is an understatement, but once i have started I quite like it :0)
    Do my run's very early in the morning before work, so not many people can see me as i am still a bit dodgy with the old belly wobbling up and down lol But i will carry on and see how i get on. Good luck to you all, please add as i would love to see how you all get on as the weeks go byxx:happy: