What diets are most effective for diabetics trying to lose weight?

Options
kberenson17
kberenson17 Posts: 2 Member
I’ve tried a lot of different methods to lose weight but was curious as to what others have found the most effective! Let’s discuss:)

Replies

• ashleyconlow
    ashleyconlow Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I have been on the No-Sugar Added diet for about 6 days and I have lost 5 pounds! It is super hard at first but it gets easy after day 5.
  • drheaultrn
    drheaultrn Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Lowering your carbs will lessen the amount of insulin needed initially. I was struggling to maintain a blood sugar above 120 while at work. I’m a nurse and a run my butt off so I was crashing every day. I started using whole beans every day at lunch and the complex carbs helped stabilize me. Currently down 6lbs in 2 weeks.
  • DJCrosser
    DJCrosser Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Also I suggest u get an air dryer since they require 0 oils (unless u add it to the food) and if u cook potatoes in them they take out unnecessary oils and tastes the exact same.
  • AlexEllis2020
    AlexEllis2020 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I've always heard low carb is the way to go but it's not for everyone. I had a terrible time on it. Was constantly high and my insulin needs skyrocketed. I put weight on. I just count calories now. A slower method but it works for me.