keto home made mayonnaise recipe

julepige
julepige Posts: 24 Member
I am looking for a nice keto home made mayonnaise recipe, if anyone got one?

Replies

• PaulChasinDreams
    PaulChasinDreams Posts: 439 Member
    edited July 2018
    There's lot's on youtube. Just sub sweetener for sugar in any of the regular mayo recipes then you will have keto mayo. But realistically there is so little sugar in regular store bought real mayo that it is keto anyway. Usually if there is any sugar in commercial mayo it is under a gram per tablespoon so if you look at the nutritional info online or on the jars of store bought mayo it will usually say zero carbs cause if it's under a gram per tbsp they can list it as zero in a lot of countries.

https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=homemade+mayonnaise
  • WholeFoods4Lyfe
    WholeFoods4Lyfe Posts: 1,518 Member
    I'm supposed to follow a recipe? LOL I make my own, but it's really a little of this, a little of that. But in general, 1 egg yolk, 1tsp ground mustard, 1tsp salt, 1tsp white wine vinegar, 1tsp lemon juice, 3/4 cup oil (I do a half and half mix of EVOO and Avocado Oil). I have a submersion blender, so put 1/2 the oil and the rest of the ingredients in my container and start whirling away. Once it starts to get creamy, I begin to drizzle in the rest of the oil while constantly running the submersion blender. Continue until all oil is added and then you are left with a delicious, creamy mayo.