Weaknesses

Options
Sweetzyd
Sweetzyd Posts: 823 Member
What's your weakness when it comes to eating healthy and being the "you" that you wanna be? Mine is SWEETS! I have a sweet tooth but it has decreased since MFP!

Replies

• TheRedQueen1981
    TheRedQueen1981 Posts: 265 Member
    Options
    I also crave sweets, especially chocolate but I also crave things like McDonalds and other junk foods. I’m getting much better at ignoring the cravings, though and I’m only 1 month in so I think the longer I go on, the better I’ll get.
  • Sweetzyd
    Options
    I also crave sweets, especially chocolate but I also crave things like McDonalds and other junk foods. I’m getting much better at ignoring the cravings, though and I’m only 1 month in so I think the longer I go on, the better I’ll get.

Having a support group such as on here really helps! t's tough, glad it's getting better!
  • TheRedQueen1981
    Options
    It really is a huge help having these support groups. I wish I’d known about MFP years ago.
  • Sweetzyd
    Options
    I wish I had known about this sooner also. I actually was using another site to track my calories before and this one is way better
  • TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 18,120 Member
    Options
    My weakness is chocolate, especially dark chocolate and anything salted.
  • salleewins
    salleewins Posts: 2,308 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone! Mine is chocolate, pizza and pasta. It used to be alcohol, too. I don't drink anymore. I thought dark chocolate was better, than the milk, but I seem to be overeating that some days now. A friend said to get the kind with stevia. I guess I will give it a longer chance this time. The taste is good, just way more expensive. Well guess it will make me eat less. The pizza and pasta are more controllable. My current weakness is stress eating that I am not able to do much with these sprained ribs. It is very frustrating. I just joined a new gym prior to this happening at work and can't do what I want to do. It could be worse that is for sure.
  • Sandie020
    Sandie020 Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    my weakness is gypsy tarts and belgiam buns. We always used to have them at the weekends. Still buy them but not as often I look to them as a treat now and if I do buy them I will cut one in half and have each half on seperate days I am learning to control but it is soooo hard
  • TheRedQueen1981
    Options
    It’s definitely very hard to change bad habits but the good thing is that new habits can develop, too — all we need to do is give ourselves the chance to alow these new choices to become habitual and I think it will become much easier from then on.
  • elivar07
    elivar07 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    My weakness is Coca Cola and Dr Pepper, I've moved on to diet which was a huge step for me but I'd like to leave it completely for the sake of my kids.
  • TerriRichardson112
    edited July 2018
    Options
    I use 'Just for today...' and Just for this moment ... '
    If you do a thing for a week or more it can become habit.
    Also, I don't buy the unhealthy snacks that I used to have in the house anymore. Out of sight, out of mind.
  • TheRedQueen1981
    Options
    I’m fortunate in that I prefer diet drinks over sugary drinks and I also don’t drink alcohol so I have that going for me. If only I didn’t like chocolate quite so much! lol
  • Sweetzyd
    Options
    @elivar07 Sodas are so hard to break! Took me a while but I finally no longer crave them. I slowly stopped them, like went to 1 a day a couple weeks then 1/2 of one a day for a few weeks, to a few sips and then I no longer craved them. They are now too sweet! Plus I drink 90-120 oz of water per day and that helps also, as that is what I crave.
  • TerriRichardson112
    Options
    I do sympathise with that sweet craving for sodas, but I'm lucky in that I never really liked fizzy drinks. (Apart from champagne. Lol!) So as long as I'm not celebrating it's not much of a problem.
  • meepmya
    meepmya Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Mine is anything sweet, chocolate, biscuits, cake.... But I tend not to have these much anymore. If I must have a bit of chocolate it’s got to be the best tasting and worth me using up my calories for, otherwise I don’t bother.