Why are my pounds coming off so slowly ???

Options
2»

Replies

• 23rochelle23
    23rochelle23 Posts: 269 Member
    Options
    @dove121 have you lost 3.6kg in 2 weeks?
    If so that’s not slow at all! I didn’t have a massive amazing amount of water disappear at the beginning like some people do.. my colleagues wife lost 8kg in first 2 weeks!!
    I lost a couple of kg... then cruised for a bit... then a couple more... cruised again (bouncing up and down during that time) and then am currently losing again (long may it last) - honestly there is no rhyme or reason to it - I’ve not done anything differently - it’s just how it works.
    Just keep on with it... Ive noticed I slim down/ get squishy bits (the fat almost loosens up)... and then the scale starts catching up :-)

If you’re finding it overwhelming maybe give yourself mini goals - 10kg to start.. or 5 (then you’re well over halfway!)

• nvmomketo
    nvmomketo Posts: 12,019 Member
    Options
    @dove121 have you lost 3.6kg in 2 weeks?
    If so that’s not slow at all! I didn’t have a massive amazing amount of water disappear at the beginning like some people do.. my colleagues wife lost 8kg in first 2 weeks!!
    I lost a couple of kg... then cruised for a bit... then a couple more... cruised again (bouncing up and down during that time) and then am currently losing again (long may it last) - honestly there is no rhyme or reason to it - I’ve not done anything differently - it’s just how it works.
    Just keep on with it... Ive noticed I slim down/ get squishy bits (the fat almost loosens up)... and then the scale starts catching up :-)

If you’re finding it overwhelming maybe give yourself mini goals - 10kg to start.. or 5 (then you’re well over halfway!)

LOL I love that description. That's how it works for me too. It's like my skin gets looser, and my fat areas get softer/squishier and then the scale moves again and starts to tighten up again.
  • PaulaKro
    PaulaKro Posts: 5,707 Member
    Options
    It's like my skin gets looser, and my fat areas get softer/squishier and then the scale moves again and starts to tighten up again.
    Patiently awaiting that "tighten up again" part. :laugh:

• 23rochelle23
    23rochelle23 Posts: 269 Member
    Options
    PaulaKro wrote: »
    It's like my skin gets looser, and my fat areas get softer/squishier and then the scale moves again and starts to tighten up again.
    Patiently awaiting that "tighten up again" part. :laugh:

:lol::lol::lol:

• PaulaKro
    PaulaKro Posts: 5,707 Member
    Options
    I'm 65 and lost 175 pounds which creates different issues with loose skin. My body is actually not bad, considering... But I dream of surgery. :)
  • macchiatto
    macchiatto Posts: 2,890 Member
    Options
    Reading this thread since I'm currently losing more slowly than on previous weight loss attempts. I agree I'd keep an eye on the overall trend. (I love an app like Happy Scale for that.)