TEAM: The Big Butt Theory (August)

Options

Replies

• HASWLRS
    HASWLRS Posts: 7,997 Member
    Options

Also I have a question, I noticed we will be starting weigh ins on Sunday. Is that Sunday the 29th or Sunday August 5th?

Sunday, July 29th, as in, tomorrow!!
  • HASWLRS
    Options
    @makhe1224 and @MelsLeanDream

Marsha and Mel, I hope you are ready to rejoin us this August!! I have been transferring your weights over in the spreadsheet, so you are all signed up and ready to restart your weight loss journey!!!
  • violasmith85
    violasmith85 Posts: 274 Member
    Options
    HASWLRS wrote: »

Also I have a question, I noticed we will be starting weigh ins on Sunday. Is that Sunday the 29th or Sunday August 5th?

@HASWLRS Is that just for the new additions or do we all weigh in tomorrow? Or as usual on our weigh in day?
  • HASWLRS
    Options

@HASWLRS Is that just for the new additions or do we all weigh in tomorrow? Or as usual on our weigh in day?

As usual for your weigh-in day. The only people who weigh-in tomorrow are those with a Sunday weigh-in day.
  • erikNJ
    erikNJ Posts: 1,009 Member
    Options
    Welcome all new friends.
    I’m Erik, 36 years old (37 in a few weeks). I am married with no kids and one cat. I work in the beer industry which is tough for weight loss, but I am very committed to changing that in 2018.
    I am fairly new to this group myself, June was my first month. My whole life I have been up and down with weight, the past few years I have been lingering between 250-260. Last year, 12/28/17, I weighed in at 275.5 after a really tough year mentally, which led me to give up on my health.
    I am down 27 lbs in the past 7 months. I joined this group at 252.9 and I am at 248.5. I try to take it day by day and look to get out of the 240s as my next short term goal..
    My advice is to stick to the daily mini-accountability challenge, but also don’t let it get in your head. Even if you dont hit all the goals everyday, it keeps what you are doing in your mind constantly. I have not made it to the winners circle yet, but by tracking everyday I think it has made me make a lot of better decisions.
  • txmaryk99
    txmaryk99 Posts: 120 Member
    Options

Hi all I'm Mary Kay and joined the BBT team in June.
    I am 55 (soon to be 56 I think Eriknj and I are BD twins). I had a stroke last fall and spent the winter of no fun adding more weight to my already overweight body. I am now working on reducing that number and getting my health back.

I work part time as an RN working with babies and spend the rest of the time working on part time retirement. I need to reduce my weight and get my health back so I can enjoy that retirement.

I have a sweet little Shih Tzu who is seven months old that is my exercise partner. I lovingly refer to her as the "poopy dog".

Lets make this a great month.
  • MelsLeanDream
    MelsLeanDream Posts: 305 Member
    Options
    Hello, team The Big Butt Theory! Welcome to August and a special welcome to the newcomers. Please take a moment to introduce yourselves to the team and tell us a little bit about your goals for the month.

Hi, my name is Lisa and I have been with this team since October and in a leadership role since December. I am your captain for August. I am 52, a Canadian living in Southern Ontario, married 26 years and have two grown sons. One is done school, living at home and working at the family business. The other is still in school, but completing his business degree in Germany.

I did really well with this challenge until Christmas, then I completely fell off the rails. Had some success in April, and a little more in June, but am still struggling with consistency! You know what they say....consistency is key!! Being involved with this group helps to at least keep my head above water!! If you are struggling, it can help you, too. So, the more you interact, the more you will feel the team's support.

A little about this challenge.....it runs Sunday to Saturday. Post your weigh-in on this thread on your chosen weigh-in day. If you need to miss a weigh-in, let me know. If you forget to post a weigh-in, post as soon as you remember, up until Saturday evening. (I'd say Saturday at midnight, EDT, but I am not up that late!) Please post a weight even if you have gained. There is no judgement here, only support, and it happens to all of us at some point!! If you miss two weigh-ins, you will be removed from the month and will have to re-register for the next month if you wish to continue.

Yes, this is a weight loss challenge, but I would like you to think of it more as a support group. Sometimes, you can do all the right things, but the scale just doesn't move. If you have taken measurements you will be able to see that you are making progress, just not contributing to the team's weight loss. But we don't want you to despair, or leave, if this happens, thus the focus on the "support" aspect!

We are all here for the same reason....to lose weight and get healthy. Some days will go better than others....weight loss is a marathon, not a sprint, after all!! But with the support of this team, and some hard work, we can all make it to the finish line!

Have a great August, everyone!!

Hi! Am I back in this month? I get home on August 1st and can give you my weight then (it won’t be good unfortunately :(

• HASWLRS
    Options

Hi! Am I back in this month? I get home on August 1st and can give you my weight then (it won’t be good unfortunately :(

Hi, @MelsLeanDream. Yes, Mel, you are...you missed my post about it! You can either enter your weight on the 1st and it will be for week #1, or you can wait until next Monday for week #2. Your starting weight for this month is the weight you left off at at the end of June...I have been transferring it over all July. I can enter it for week #1, if you want some time (until Monday the 6th) to undo the some damage. Your choice.
  • HASWLRS
    Options
    ktrull09 wrote: »
    Hello everyone! My name is Kayla and I am 27 years old. I’ve always struggled with my weight, right now being the highest I’ve ever been. I’ve never done a challenge like this before (or one ever). I’m nervous but also very excited to do this challenge.

Hi, Kayla, and welcome!! Don't be nervous...this is a safe place where we can support each other as we work towards our goals!!! Think of it more as a weight loss support group, than a weight loss challenge!! Best of luck to you!!
  • HASWLRS
    Options
    The August Challenge officially starts today. We have many new team mates on team The Big Butt Theory. Some have introduced themselves, but the following have yet to make their way over here: @bwilch22, @jamiewilldo, @jkdooley, @ kidkees, @Kittu125, @Memorales411, @michelle4140, @NobodiesGirl and @Robandy12345.

Welcome, all!!
  • steph86_22
    steph86_22 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Do we post our weigh in here?
  • HASWLRS
    Options
    steph86_22 wrote: »
    Do we post our weigh in here?

Yes, we do, @steph86_22!! You can start us off with your Sunday weigh-in, Stephanie!!
  • hippienana
    hippienana Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    @makhe1224 and @MelsLeanDream

Marsha and Mel, I hope you are ready to rejoin us this August!! I have been transferring your weights over in the spreadsheet, so you are all signed up and ready to restart your weight loss journey!!!

Just got back from vacation Monday7/23/18. Weight was up a bit after eating out with family and bbq's. My weight on Monday was 180.
  • hippienana
    Options
    My name is Marsha and I have been doing this challenge since May 2018. My weight has been up and down but while on vacation starting eating Keto as some of my family members have done and boy does the weight come off for me. I came back from vacation on Monday July 23 and weighed 180 lbs.

Weight today is 174.2 lbs. Whoo hoo. This works for me and I am feeling great.
  • hippienana
    Options
    makhe1224 wrote: »
    My name is Marsha and I have been doing this challenge since May 2018. My weight has been up and down but while on vacation starting eating Keto as some of my family members have done and boy does the weight come off for me. I came back from vacation on Monday July 23 and weighed 180 lbs.

Weight today is 174.2 lbs. Whoo hoo. This works for me and I am feeling great.

Feeling very inspired.

I also have been moving two offices along with furniture for the last two days. What a work out.
This discussion has been closed.