Thoughts on weekly weigh in?

Options
Sweetzyd
Sweetzyd Posts: 823 Member
Hello ladies, I've been thinking on something we could do to be more motivational to one another. What do you all think about a weekly weigh in? Or for those that dont feel comfortable sharing your weight and you would like to participate, you could tell your progress whether you lost/gained for the week. We could also share things that helped us along through the week. I think that starting on a Tuesday or Wednesday would be best since I know for some Monday wouldn't a good weigh in day, since the weekends can be difficult to stay on track. Please let me know what you think and we could possibly start soon! 😊

Replies

• elivar07
    elivar07 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    That would be awesome. I'm currently over 200lbs but in the last 9 days I've lost 3.3lbs and I'm super happy. As soon as my girls are back in school I'll also be joining a gym and hopefully lose a little more per week.
  • Sweetzyd
    Options
    @elivar07 good job on the weight loss so far! That's awesome.
    Ok! Maybe we will start the weigh in soon. Want to give the others a chance on their thoughts also 😊.
    Thanks for joining us!
  • TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 18,120 Member
    edited July 2018
    Options
    That's a good idea. Accountability can be a great motivator.
    Also how about a short bio: I'll start it off

Name: Terri; Age: 72; married; 2 daughters; 3 grandchildren
    Lives in: Northern Ireland
    Joined MFP: Nov 2014
    Heaviest Weight: 227lbs (March 2014)
    Lowest weight since: 153lbs (October 2017)
    Current weight: 171lbs
    On holiday from 10-18 July and put on 7lbs, have lost 3lbs since I returned.
    I do strength training at home using fitnessblender videos, and Leslie Sansone walk videos. Also do tai chi and yoga. I walk a minimum of 9000 steps daily.
  • elivar07
    elivar07 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Wow that's awesome I hope to be like you at your age
  • Sweetzyd
    Options
    @TerriRichardson112 good idea 😊.
    My name is Crystal, I'm 34. I am married and we have 3 children, our youngest is 3 months old.
    I live in the south eastern USA. Weigh 173, started MFP last Tuesday, have lost 2 lbs so far. My goal weight for now is 140! I just started zumba yesterday and I'm doing some Aerobics also. Trying to get exercise in almost every day.
  • meepmya
    meepmya Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    That’s a great idea. My name is Michelle started on MFP at end of January used to weigh 226.2 lbs todays weight is 169lbs. Joined a gym about 2 months ago. I aim to swim once a week on average and use the gym for other exercise sessions, occasionally do aqua aerobics. But I have found as I tend to bore easily switching things up work best for me. I set a goal weight in January to reach 140lbs. I walk most days early mornings to get my metabolism fired up for a short period, or if I am working that day will walk to train station.
  • TerriRichardson112
    Options
    @cdavisdeva That's excellent progress Crystal.
    @elivar07 If I could do it, so can you. I started by setting small achievable goals, and building on them week by week.
    @meepmya You have made excellent progress Michelle. You have set up strong habits to help you reach your goal. I have no doubt that you will continue to improve your health and fitness.
  • TerriRichardson112
    Options
    cdavisdeva wrote: »
    ..... Ok! Maybe we will start the weigh in soon. Want to give the others a chance on their thoughts also 😊.
    Thanks for joining us!

Maybe we could do a weekly/monthly weigh-in page. Or if someone was good with spreadsheets we could set one up on google sheets.
  • Sweetzyd
    Options
    @TerriRichardson112 yes ma'am, I was going to open a new page when we start 😊. I actually do not have access to a computer, I do everything from my phone so I am not sure about a spreadsheet!
  • TerriRichardson112
    edited July 2018
    Options
    cdavisdeva wrote: »
    @TerriRichardson112 yes ma'am, I was going to open a new page when we start 😊. I actually do not have access to a computer, I do everything from my phone so I am not sure about a spreadsheet!

The group is still small, so we could leave that on the back burner.

I just noticed your posts on JGM10D Challenge page. I find it so useful in tracking my weight trends.
  • salleewins
    salleewins Posts: 2,308 Member
    Options
    I am trying to get to 135 lbs I will see what I look like at that weight and decide if it stays or goes. Right now my goal is 145 by Christmas. I am currently 167.2. My heaviest was 201. I tend to bore easily, so joined a new gym with unlimited fitness training. I meet weekly at the gym. I love the treadmill at the gym more than at home, as the Heart rate monitor seems more accurate The trainer has lost about 130 lbs total. 2 of my ribs are currently broken for about 2 weeks now. I am only getting the aerobic in, but at least I can do that.
  • meepmya
    meepmya Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    @meepmya You have made excellent progress Michelle. You have set up strong habits to help you reach your goal. I have no doubt that you will continue to improve your health and fitness.
    Thanks very much. It does get harder the closer you get to your goal, but I am determined to reach 140, see how I feel at that weight and if I need to set a new target and loose a few more pounds I’ll do that.
  • Sweetzyd
    Options
    Ok ladies, going to start the weekly weigh in on Wednesday next week! I figured that would be a good day since it's the 1st of August. I will start a new page with weekly weigh in's. Remember if you do not feel comfortable sharing your weight and would still like to participate, you can share your progress along the way! :) The reason I want to do the weigh in is because it will give me more motivation to stay on track, and hoping to do the same for you all as well 💜. Hope everyone has a wonderful weekend!
  • TheRedQueen1981
    TheRedQueen1981 Posts: 265 Member
    Options
    Hi all. I’m Lucy, I’m 37 and from Scotland. I started at just under 300lbs and have lost more than 14lbs to date. I’m not too sure what my goal weight is but I know what I want to be able to do and that’s start participating in sports that I used to do such as surfing, and learn new sports like kitesurfing. I absolutely love water sports and horses...the dream is to get a horse some day.

I also am aiming to have a breast reduction so my first big goal is to lose enough weight so that I can have that. I’m one of them people whose boobs don’t shrink when I lose weight — it’s debilitating having such large boobs and in many ways, they’re more of a hindrance than my weight is so that’s my main goal for now. I love sports and I’m hoping that with weight loss and a breast reduction, I’ll feel so much better, physically.
  • TerriRichardson112
    Options
    Hi all. I’m Lucy, I’m 37 and from Scotland. I started at just under 300lbs and have lost more than 14lbs to date. I’m not too sure what my goal weight is but I know what I want to be able to do and that’s start participating in sports that I used to do such as surfing, and learn new sports like kitesurfing. I absolutely love water sports and horses...the dream is to get a horse some day.

I also am aiming to have a breast reduction so my first big goal is to lose enough weight so that I can have that. I’m one of them people whose boobs don’t shrink when I lose weight — it’s debilitating having such large boobs and in many ways, they’re more of a hindrance than my weight is so that’s my main goal for now. I love sports and I’m hoping that with weight loss and a breast reduction, I’ll feel so much better, physically.

Welcome to the group and thank you for sharing. It's good to break goals down into small chunks.

'Lose 1lb this week' is much less daunting than 'Lose 20lbs by xxx'
  • Sweetzyd
    Options
    @TheRedQueen1981 Hey Lucy! Sorry I missed your post from the other day. I'm glad you are here with us, and I am happy for you on the weight loss so far :). I know you can reach all your goals! 💜
  • TheRedQueen1981
    Options
    Thanks all! I think this is already the longest I’ve ever stuck with a new healthy eating/lifestyle regime. I’m on day 50 and I’m only gaining more motivation/enthusiasm by the day so I feel like this time really is the time I’ll make it happen.

:)
  • Sweetzyd
    Options
    @TheRedQueen1981 that's great you've been at it that long! Way to go for not giving up 😊
  • TheRedQueen1981
    Options
    Thank you. I’m determined. :)