Learned something today

Options
rsclause
rsclause Posts: 3,103 Member
I saw something about sugar free gum and alcohol sugar. Looked at my gum I chew when running and it has 1~2g of this sugar. I have already had 5 sticks by 8 am. Well the gum is gone and should help me to fully reach keyto now. I feel like I am right on the edge of going in and out.

Replies

• kpk54
    kpk54 Posts: 4,474 Member
    Options
    I stick to stevia and erythritol. The other "itol" sweeteners (xylitol, sorbital, malitol, etc) seem to cause me digestive issues. Here's an interesting video. YMMV:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CYfqvTZWilw
  • rsclause
    Options
    Thanks, I saw their one on top five fast foods. By the way, I keep seeing YMMV in posts and have no idea what it means. Any ideas?
  • nvmomketo
    nvmomketo Posts: 12,019 Member
    Options
    Your mileage may vary.

I need to tack that onto everything keto on the main boards or it can turn into a semantics debate. LOL ;)
  • rsclause
    Options
    Ah, thanks. I noticed that keto gets the purists out to debunk anything that MAY provide positive results. It reminds me of any post that has "clean eating" in the title. I found it funny that the carnivore group needed to be private to avoid harassment.
  • CrystalConsults
    CrystalConsults Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    Interesting point about the gum, rsclause! I'm so over gum now. :wink: Glad stevia still works for me, though.