Recommendation

gfish219
gfish219 Posts: 5 Member
Hello all!

I just wanted to share something that has been helping me stay comfortably in ketosis for a few months. When I first transitioned into ketosis I was constantly dehydrated and was having digestive issues (cough, constipation). I work long hours in a lab where food and drink is not allowed, so I was having a hard time with fluids. I also knew I wasn’t eating enough foods that typically help with digestion (pretty much just meat, cheese, nuts, and eggs). Anyways, I found these green giant riced vegetable mixes in the frozen veggie isle, specifically, the cauliflower broccoli mix and the cauliflower medley. 1 cup has about 5 total carbs and there are 4 servings. I really hate cooking so being able to throw something in the microwave is a huge draw for me. I should be just steaming broccoli and cauliflower myself, but I’m lazy and don’t. I eat almost a bag a day and still stay under 30 total carbs. It’s REALLY helped me stay hydrated and “regular.” Hope this might be helpful to someone!

P.s. I have no affiliation with Green Giant, just enjoying the product.

Replies

• Sunny_Bunny_
    Sunny_Bunny_ Posts: 7,140 Member
    Do you supplement sodium?
    That’s the key to hydration. On keto you need around 5000mg a day or more.
  • CrystalConsults
    CrystalConsults Posts: 67 Member
    Hey, great idea on the riced veggie mixes! Bet I can get those at our local Trader Joe's. Thanks for the tip. :smile: