Burn the fat, feed the muscle concept

Options
aWildFlowere
aWildFlowere Posts: 76 Member
Hi! What is wrong with me? I am so hungry today too!!! Maybe I am not getting enuf calories when I workout so hard. My goal is to only eat 1500 but bodybuilding.com said I should eat 1871 to lose fat but 2839 to gain muscle. I am so confused by feed the muscle when I am trying to lose fat. How do I do that simultaneously & effectively?

Replies

• sidlondon
    sidlondon Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Protein protein protein! :)
  • aWildFlowere
    Options
    Thankfully I love protein!
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    Hi! What is wrong with me? I am so hungry today too!!! Maybe I am not getting enuf calories when I workout so hard. My goal is to only eat 1500 but bodybuilding.com said I should eat 1871 to lose fat but 2839 to gain muscle. I am so confused by feed the muscle when I am trying to lose fat. How do I do that simultaneously & effectively?

what are your stats? did you get your calorie goal from MFP? if so, are you eating back exercise calories?
  • ByFaith4Life4Christ
    ByFaith4Life4Christ Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    It all gets me so confused too! Feel like a hamster on a wheel!! Just want to reduce bf% but what is really my tdee?!! I've tried low cal/higher calorie but still feel the same. Lol! I'm not getting any younger. Ready for change!
  • mom23mangos
    mom23mangos Posts: 3,070 Member
    Options
    Are you at your goal weight? Or a healthy BMI that you are comfortable with? If so, then instead of eating at 1871 or 2839, you will eat somewhere in the middle where your maintenance is. Then you kill it at the gym and over time you can gain some muscle and lost some fat.

If not, continue eating in a deficit and as lifting and as you lose fat you will see your muscles more.
  • aWildFlowere
    Options
    So far I think I am ok managing with MFP free as the paid version isn't going to give me a baseline for my lifting calories expended anyway. That is the frustrating part...tempted to just imput all my lifts custom into the cardio section and assign them base calorie burn rates from researching online. I need to manage calories on lift days as well.
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    So far I think I am ok managing with MFP free as the paid version isn't going to give me a baseline for my lifting calories expended anyway. That is the frustrating part...tempted to just imput all my lifts custom into the cardio section and assign them base calorie burn rates from researching online. I need to manage calories on lift days as well.

Strength training is in the cardio database so you can log it?