My first Peloton ride

Options
jcavanna2
jcavanna2 Posts: 782 Member
Ok so had my Peloton delivered yesterday. My husband who NEVER works out got a ride in within an hour of delivery - he had no real intention of using it but he broke a sweat doing a 10 min scenic ride.

Yesterday and today I woke up with a migraine but was so looking forward to my ride. Took a ride live which finished just a few minutes ago and after 17 years of spinning I can honestly say that I got some of the best statistics that I have ever had. I burned close to 400 calories just from my ride.

The Peloton app isn’t limited to just spin. They offer off bike activities as well - cardio, outdoor walk/run, bootcamp, yoga etc.

I paid $219/mo for a family membership at my old gym and if I canceled my family it would cost me $129/mo but I didn’t maximize my use of the gym due to needing to run to work.

I financed my Peloton over 24 mos but you can do it over 39 mos. my friend gave me her referral code to use towards accessories. Applying that credit I got spin shoes, ear buds and the mat.
I pay $105/mo for that for 24 mos. I also pay $39 mos for the app.

So I will save money, and I have the bike in the convenience of my own home and my husband is even starting to use it and exercise for the first time. They also offer short classes that are 10 mins as well as classes that incorporate weight training as well. Highly recommend!

Replies

• loveshoe
    loveshoe Posts: 365 Member
    Options
    Did you have to purchase the shoes and earbuds from their site? Do you have to have the shoes and would other versions of earbuds work? Please give an update at the end of the week with your stats if you don't mind sharing. I have a gym class treadmill at home and I'm interested in adding a spin cycle because I just like having something at home. I would like to be able to do either the treadmill or bike for some variety.

Congratulations and great that your husband is also using the bike.
  • jcavanna2
    Options
    @loveshoe - which stats do you want me to send? Workout stats, or weight loss or both?

You don’t need to use your own earbuds but I did buy theirs because I had the credit. We haven’t used them since we have let the audio go without earbuds and it hasn’t disturbed anyone else in the house. There’s a volume button as well if you don’t want to put earbuds in your ear.

You don’t need their brand of shoe, just need compatible clips. My husband bought shoes from Amazon as well as clips to make them compatible - he paid $75 for all - he ordered them today.

Since I had the credit I bought their shoes and am keeping my other pair so that I have them if I want to use them at a studio I used to ride in since I have 9 paid classes that I hadn’t used.

What’s nice with the Peloton app is that you don’t have to buy their accessories and their app has exercises off the bike too.
  • jcavanna2
    Options
  • loveshoe
    Options
    Jcvanna2, I like the app. On the statistics, I'm interested in both workout and any weight loss or maintenance if you want to share. When I do the spin class at the gym I get the stats from my apple watch but not the bike so I'm interested in the stats provided by the bike.
  • jcavanna2
    Options
    @loveshoe ok - not sure I can send a weekly statistic but will send on a daily basis if that is better?

Today I am going to my trainer for the last time, so I likely won’t get a class in unless maybe I do a short one after dinner. If I am too sore tomorrow I may skip a class but definitely resume on Wednesday. Will keep you posted. :)
  • jcavanna2
    Options
    @loveshoe I just finished my second ride. Love it a lot and so happy my husband is into it and finally starting to add physical activity into his life. It may be best for me to send you these screen shots as I complete my workouts. Due to “biological reasons” I may not get on a scale this weekend so I may not be able to report back my official weight stats but will share once I have something. This was a 30 minute ride and I am still battling migraines from Saturday so hoping my stats improve when I feel better
  • jcavanna2
    Options
    @loveshoe here are the stats from my 3rd Ride last night. Definitely was feeling fatigued but worked through it. I didn’t work out this morning like I planned - I am exhausted and my body wasn’t feeling like a workout at 4 am. If I don’t get on tonight I should tomorrow at some point

• loveshoe
    Options
    jcavanna, your stats look good, healthy, and motivating. I certainly like the app better than what I have today (apple watch), which doesn't give a lot of info.
  • jcavanna2
    Options
    @loveshoe thanks! I have the Apple Watch too and it is very close to the stats I got from the bike. Definitely glad I got my bike. If you ever want to consider it I will send you my sales rep’s info. Also if you use my referral code we both get $100 for the boutique. I used my friends code and got the mat, a new pair of shoes and head phones. Every little bit helps and you can finance the bike up to 39 months so it was much more affordable than I thought
  • loveshoe
    Options
    jcavanna, I'm seriously considering getting one. I'm so bored with my treadmill and although I have a Schwinn bike you can't spin with it. It's a traditional stationary bike and you have to ride a long time to get a good calorie burn. The spin bikes/class give me that high-intensity exercise feeling I want.
  • jcavanna2
    Options
    @loveshoe you should call my sales rep JD. He was awesome, and will discuss all payment options available to you. If you tell him that I referred you (Jen Cavanna is my full name) then we both get $100 to spend at the boutique. I highly recommend the mat for under the bike for $59. You can get their spin shoes for $125 or you can buy a pair elsewhere and get the clips that are compatible. I bought theirs since I have a 10 year old pair and decided to treat myself. My husband got spin shoes and clips on Amazon.

I LOVE having the bike and have worked out more often than before. For example I usually am up at 4 am, but I overslept this morning so I didn’t get on the bike. I plan to go on when I get home. It’s awesome to have the flexibility to do that. They have classes on demand, scenic rides, live rides (my first was live and the instructor shouted me out!). The Peloton community on FB has been incredibly supportive and you can find riders with similar interests or locations. This has been the best investment I made in myself, and I really think you will be happy if you move forward..it’s actually quite addicting.

Here is JD’s info:

JD Mateer
    Call : 646-760-7356
    Chat : drift.me/jdmateer
  • jcavanna2
    Options
    @loveshoe my referral code is X752AH. Keep me posted if you get the Peloton.