Weekly post 30/7/18-5/8/18

Options
KateNkognito
KateNkognito Posts: 1,520 Member
Hey, all! Just starting the weekly thread and saying hi. I found out that the snow cones at the local shop are incredibly low cal, so I don't feel so bad that I have had 4 in the last 2 weeks. :)
Today is going to be a change the oil/clean the house/fast day. Again, my wild life!
Have a great day!

Replies

• Meghan509
    Meghan509 Posts: 1,958 Member
    Options
    Good morning everybody!

Thanks for the new thread Kate!

@KateNkognito I appreciate your feedback on my calories! I agree that fasting does help rev up metabolism. Time to come clean. I have a few things that I have been doing that are not helping me lose: Too many cheat meals on the weekend and too much snacking after dinner. We had bought chocolates on sale a while back since we love them and they were on sale. Eating those after a day of clean eating is terrible for me / us. Too many extra calories and a ton of sugar. Not workin' for me. Going to do somewhere between 1200 and 1500 and no snacking after dinner. Keep the cheat meals in check on the weekends... Looking for a re-set for now and will probably get back to 5&2 again in the coming weeks.

@mamainthekitchen saw your comment on the weekend about your son. Sending hugs! I get it about him not wanting to exercise. That is a tough one. Maybe you could try and get everybody out for a little walk after dinner, take the dog and the family and walk around the neighborhood for 20 minutes or so. You could also maybe try getting him a Fitbit or have him monitor his steps via his phone, etc. and you could do a "family challenge" where whoever gets the most steps for the week gets a reward. You got this. Vent anytime. ;)

Not much going on here. Today is a 1200 calorie day for me. Having some water and a little oatmeal before it turns in to lunchtime. LOL

Have a good day and check in with you all soon!
  • Meghan509
    Options
    Good morning all.

Hope your week is going well.

Yesterday I had 1200 calories and I went to the gym and burned about 500 calories or so. Today I plan on eating a little more and doing a similiar cardio work out. Trying to get the scale moving and get back on track.

Hope those of you who were fasting yesterday had a good day.

See you guys soon. :)
  • KateNkognito
    Options
    Hey, all! I had a good fast yesterday, but today I have been STARVING! No idea why. *shrug* I will just be better tomorrow and fast again Thursday. Might even try for a third fast on Saturday. I hope everyone is having a great week!
  • Meghan509
    Options
    Good morning gang!

Hope everybody is well.

I had that problem last week, @KateNkognito only it was on my fasting day - Thursday... Good for you! You are on a roll. :)

I am liking my regular 1200-1500 a day, so far. Feels good to do a re-set. Today will be around 1400 calories and then tomorrow, back to 1200. I am eating back some of my exercise calories and some days I am not. Also have had two nights in a row now without any "extra" snacks after dinner. Last night after dinner, we had one of those frozen ice cream bars from M&M's - only 120 calories and sooo good! You wouldn't know you are eating something that is low calorie! We have also bought the Twix and Snickers variety, as well. All less than 200 calories. Yum! Good Humor also makes a lot of their ice cream bars low calorie. The Orea ones are a favorite. ;)

Have a great day and I will see you soon. -Meg
  • mamainthekitchen
    mamainthekitchen Posts: 929 Member
    Options
    Oh I’ve made 3 posts now and deleted them all ... what an idiot!! :s:o

Thanks for the hugs Meghan... it’s been an education for sure! Good job reigning in the weekend plans.. I’m sure you’ll find success there!!

Kate: when you’re starving try unsweetened almond milk... just know it’s low cal low carb and your nails will look fabulous!!

Learning curve with food choices this week. All very low carb, made a lentil veggie salad, cauliflower rice, and tomorrow I’m going to try baking with Truvia... a sugar substitute. The son has not complained about the food so that’s a blessing. His blood sugars are down quite a bit too so that’s a good sign.

Exhausted today... but cooling off tonight weather wise.

Enjoy the rest of the week people!
  • Meghan509
    Options
    Hi gang!

Hope everybody is good. Sorry about your posts getting deleted @mamainthekitchen ! I know the feeling. Ugh. I love unsweetened almond milk! I like to have it in cereal and in shakes made with protein powder. Lentils are yummy too. Our dinner on Monday and tonight is a taco lentil soup that I made in the crockpot. Delish. Let me know how the Truvia baking comes out. I used to use Splenda, back when I was low carbing. That one stands up to heat well. Here they sell it in a big pouch that is measurable / scoopable. I think they also make a Splenda Brown Sugar too. Good stuff!

My week is going well. Day three of "no snacking after dinner" going well. :) Today will be a 1200 calorie day. Will head to the gym tonight and am planning on doing the exercise bike. Did the treadmill Monday through Wednesday - time to mix it up. All depends if there is a good machine available. Fingers crossed!

Have a great day and I will see you all around soon.
  • KateNkognito
    Options
    I meant to fast today, but then I forgot what day it was until about 1:30! LOL Oh, well, there is always tomorrow! But today was a low-ish day, so I am all good.
    @mamainthekitchen Glad his sugar is down. I had gestational diabetes with both kids and diet made a huge difference, even though I wasn't eating badly to begin with.
    @Meghan509 Glad you are doing well!
  • Meghan509
    Options
    Hi gang!

I am down .6 for the week. So yeah it is going in the right direction! I am hoping to keep this going now and lose the rest of this darn weight. Last night I had a good workout on the exercise bike. I like to mix up my cardio. Ended the day at around 1200 which was my goal. Will do that next week too, somewhere between 1200-1500 each day. Shaking things up!

My goal for the weekend is to keep within my calorie limits and not over due it tomorrow night when we meet up with friends for pizza. Weekends have been a little too much lately and I need to reel that back in. :(

LOL @KateNkognito I know what you mean about getting days mixed up. With that being said this week has dragged! Happy that today is Friday woo hoo!

Have a good one and I'll see you guys soon.
  • KateNkognito
    Options
    Congratulations @Meghan509 on the loss!
    Today, I clean my house and fast! That should burn some fat! Kids are going to Grandma's, I am REALLY going to get stuff done! I know. You are all so jealous of me. LOL Have a great day!