Just getting started

Options
I'm just getting started with the Paleo diet. I've tried and failed at many diets in the past. This lifestyle change seems like it's going to work great for me. I've been 8 days on a strict Paleo diet and have noticed a few changes in my energy levels already. I've dropped two pounds of what I believe is water weight from the diet change and also 7 days straight of a pretty vigorous exercise routine.
I would love to get in touch with other people eating Paleo to share recipes, experiences and success stories!!

Replies

• homesweeths
    homesweeths Posts: 792 Member
    Options
    Welcome! This is a great group.

I tried many diets in the past, but paleo is the first that I can see as a lifestyle, something I can keep up for the rest of my life.
  • momof2osaurus
    momof2osaurus Posts: 477 Member
    Options
    Hi! Welcome! :)
  • ShannonKirton
    ShannonKirton Posts: 304 Member
    Options
    Welcome to our little paleo/primal world! :) It's awesome in here. Feel free to add me as a friend if you like. My diary is open so that you can view it and get some ideas for food or snacks.

As you have already been able to tell, it makes you feel wonderful and you'll only feel even better as time goes on! :)
  • Akimajuktuq
    Akimajuktuq Posts: 3,037 Member
    Options
    Welcome!

I am another who views Paleo/Primal as a permanent lifestyle and NOT a diet. I was ketogenic Primal for a year, but 11 days ago I started my first Whole 30-a keto version of course! I love it. (I'm breaking some Whole30 "rules" by logging food and weighing in once a week, but it's MY choice. Also it is necessary for me to ensure that my fat stays very high and my carbs very low.)
  • BerkshireGirl413
    BerkshireGirl413 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone! @Akimajuktuq - I'm following the basics of Paleo but that is as far as the "rules" go for me. I'm avoiding everything off the Paleo Pyramid and other than that just doing what feels good! So far it's been an easy transition. I don't feel like I'm lacking anything and I have a lot more energy!
  • rotnkat
    rotnkat Posts: 393 Member
    Options
    Welcome to the group!!

I am also doing this as a way of life and not a diet (they are for stopping and starting a eating program). I am menopausal and it has helped so much with normalizing my hormones that if I don't ever lose another pound then I'm ok with that!!!!!!! I love it that much!!!!!!

Feel free to add me if ya want because I think we could all learn some thing new from other people.

Anita