Bulletproof coffee

Options
I read that the addition of the fats would make you feel fuller. I am still hungry within an hour of drinking it. Starving within 2 hours.

Replies

• Running_and_Coffee
    Running_and_Coffee Posts: 811 Member
    Options
    I've never had it and have been doing keto since February. I don't like to drink my calories in general.
  • chinatowninchina
    chinatowninchina Posts: 1,279 Member
    Options
    Protein with fat is what keeps you feeling fuller, try using your calories for something solid. That gives you a fuller feeling longer rather than a drink of any sort.
  • kpk54
    kpk54 Posts: 4,474 Member
    Options
    What I have read most often is that it is protein, fiber and fat that tend to be satiating for most people. We are all different. I seem to an individual who achieves my highest satiety via fat intake. I deem this as true for me from receiving immediate satiation when implementing a MTKD that was low carb, low protein and very high fat (a satiety which I did not experience on maintenance calories eating higher carb and lower fat).

If you are hungry after drinking the high fat bulletproof coffee then I'll suggest eating something high in protein, meat for example. Additionally, if you are new to weight loss and a calorie deficit it could be that your body is simply accustomed to eating more calories. In that case stick with protein and fat to achieve ketosis (carb restriction/minimization) generally known to create hunger suppression. It will most likely happen.
  • PaulChasinDreams
    PaulChasinDreams Posts: 439 Member
    Options
    I read that the addition of the fats would make you feel fuller. I am still hungry within an hour of drinking it. Starving within 2 hours.

How long have you been doing keto for? Are you testing your blood ketones? Are you keto adapted? If your metabolism hasn't converted fully yet then you may still be getting cravings/ "hunger" mind and body feelings due to your body still running on and being used to glucose for it's energy source. For a lot of people it can take quite some time till your body is fully adapted where those feelings can diminish and for some completely go away. But we are all different so you'll have to see how it goes and what works for you. When I supplement protein if needed I mix very little almond or cashew milk with unsweetened protein powder. Helps with getting in all my protein for my meal and helps with satiation. I do also take in bullet proof coffee but not near as much as I used to. If you have a lot of body fat you don't have to be super concerned with taking in lot's and lot's of fat. If too much it will take away from your body using it's own fat for it's energy source while it burns the fats you're eating. It can get a bit complicated but that's the jist of it.
  • rsclause
    rsclause Posts: 3,103 Member
    Options
    I have my coffee with a tablespoon of MCT oil and have no hunger problems at all.

Of course I am also eating two sausage patties and two eggs with cheese.
  • Kerschel
    Kerschel Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Hi. I think Paul's points are good ones. How long have you been at it? There is a period of adaptation. I love Keto coffee because I don't feel hungry for another 4-5 hours during which my body is only fuelled by fat and I feel very alert. It took me 3 weeks before I had any real ketosis though. Now, after 2 months, I think I may give up my keto coffee because my weight loss is very slow. No matter how good it makes me feel, those calories are a lot for my body to deal with.
  • Sunny_Bunny_
    Sunny_Bunny_ Posts: 7,140 Member
    Options

I would just eat a meal instead. It’ll provide faaaaaar greater nutrients for equal calories.
    Nutrients matter.
    Skip pure fat coffees if you’re seeking to mobilize fat from storage.