Day 1 - how much butter is in it??

leonora95
leonora95 Posts: 1 Member
Lol just starting out today & I'm looking at recipes. Please help! I'm looking at a recipe that fries chicken in butter...is that right?

Replies

• Kerschel
    Kerschel Posts: 36 Member
    yes. butter is a good fat. Especially grass fed dairy, but that is hugely expensive where I live
  • qweck3
    qweck3 Posts: 346 Member
    Butter is a challenge to fry chicken in. It burns really fast at least to me. Maybe try some quality olive oil from a Costco/Sams Club type store. It's like $15 bucks for a good sized bottle and I make it last a whole month. Save your butter to put in things things like Keto Cake or as a nice flavor item for Cauliflower rice. Just some ideas to try.
  • PaulChasinDreams
    PaulChasinDreams Posts: 439 Member
    qweck3 wrote: »
    Butter is a challenge to fry chicken in. It burns really fast at least to me. Maybe try some quality olive oil from a Costco/Sams Club type store. It's like $15 bucks for a good sized bottle and I make it last a whole month. Save your butter to put in things things like Keto Cake or as a nice flavor item for Cauliflower rice. Just some ideas to try.

Yup it will burn quickly but if you clarify it and make Ghee out of it then that will raise the burning (smoke point) temperature of it all the way up to 485 F which is one of the highest of fat's/oils you can use. Avocado oil is another very high temp oil.

And as Kerschel points out, butter is an expensive way of frying if you want to use lot's of it... I suggest finding a good oil you will want to re use and save it after use to reuse again. Because I like some flavors of others with different foods I have a few that I use and sometimes I mix them.
  • JordisTSM
    JordisTSM Posts: 359 Member

Noooo. 20g of butter in a hot pan, add a clove of crushed garlic, then a couple of chicken thighs, turn them a couple of times right away to get that fatty, garlicky goodness all over. Then turn the element right down low, put a lid on, and come back 25 minutes later.

Take your beautifully cooked chicken out of the pan and used a tablespoon of cream to deglaze all that amazing goodness from the pan, and pour all over the chicken.

Wouldn’t do it with breasts as they dry out too much, but thighs come out perfect, and the sauce is just NOM!

• julepige
    julepige Posts: 24 Member
    I use garlic and butter (around 125g )on my chicken thighs but i put it in the own for 45 min . Put the chicken in a deep oven dish and then melt the butter with garlic in the mico oven or over a very low heat ( needs to be fully melted ) pour it all over the chicken and put it in the oven 190f for around 45 min turn ones half way through with the butter in the dish being re poured on to the chicken. Comes out very tender and you can keep then in the fridge for a couple of days afterwards. I normally make 24 chicken thighs and nibble on then though out the 3 days ( cold and hot)
  • rsclause
    rsclause Posts: 3,103 Member
    Don't forget to take into account any breading on the chicken. Those carbs can add up fast.
  • rsclause
    rsclause Posts: 3,103 Member
    JordisTSM wrote: »

Noooo. 20g of butter in a hot pan, add a clove of crushed garlic, then a couple of chicken thighs, turn them a couple of times right away to get that fatty, garlicky goodness all over. Then turn the element right down low, put a lid on, and come back 25 minutes later.

Take your beautifully cooked chicken out of the pan and used a tablespoon of cream to deglaze all that amazing goodness from the pan, and pour all over the chicken.

Wouldn’t do it with breasts as they dry out too much, but thighs come out perfect, and the sauce is just NOM!

Now this sounds very interesting!