what to do now?

Options
reneeot
reneeot Posts: 773 Member
My first diet, I lost weight in my early 30's - 30lbs in 6 months. I calculated nothing and i did not exercise. I had dessert every night. All i did was eat 1 bread instead of 2. Just made sur eto eat only one starchy carb per meal. No bread and pasta. It was bread or pasta. I ate kfc. Mcdonalds and etc.

Kept it off until 38, started gaining. Too much bad food! After 2 years said i want to be healthy. Im going to eat healthy and exercise regularly. Added bonus i'll also lose the weight.

I admit I have my treats: wingstop fries, cherry chocolate bordeaux ice cream. If being super strict wont have for several weeks. If being lax maybe 1x a month. 1 Dark chocolate square w/ 1/2 tbls of almond butter or kind protein bar is my usual dessert if i have one. Lean meats, veggies, beans, whole grains(brown rice/oats) and fruit. And love salads i use no dressings. I rarely eat cheese. Almond milk. I do eat eggs. And i like protein shakes ( spirutein)

2 1/2 yrs ago I joined mfp to make sure i ate atleast 1200. Started walking til (3miles a day) I weighed and measured and logged for several months. Avg weight loss was .75 a month. 18 minths later i was down 15 lbs. Had back surgery and also put on anxiety meds. Continued diet regimen eating less cause i was not able to exercise. And I started gaining weight.eventually able to join gym 90 min elliptical added to my regimen. Still gained About 1lb a month. 1 year later back almost to where i started. Dr kept saying eat less, exercise more! I did.(thyroid tested 4 times in past 3 years-ok) all my bloodwork came into normal healthy range. But still overweight.

I started at 169 and i now weight 167-170.(got up to 176 last year).

January2013 went outside the eat less box and started to eat 1800-2000. And backed down to 3x a week walking. Scared i would gain. I actually have maintained even though eating 600-800 more calories a day. The good news. I lost a dress size. But scale not budge.

Now ready to see if body will respond to weight loss attempt reduced calories.
ready to return to meticulous logging. Start date 12th.(2 week seminar, no control over how things made just portion control. 1 Unable to log accurately.)
3-4 mile walks 5x a week. Started 1st of august
Just added weight training 2x a week. Squats/lunges with barbell. And chest/arms. (Just a note, gradual add cause of back/nerve stuff). Started 1st of august
Planks: been doing for 6 weeks

Im thinking 1500/1600 calories: this is the way i like to eat: bkfst protein almond milk shake (spirutein) or 1egg&2egg white veggie omlet and 3tbls of oat bran w/ cinnamon and 1/4 apple. Lunch and dinner: lean meats/ veggies/ leafy greens.. Snacks:apples and almond butter/almonds or 1dark chocolate square w/ 1/2 tbls of almond butter. And on weekend kind bar instead. So now restricting calories to 1500. Tdee 2100. I estimate a 500/600 deficit a day. So hoping to see in 4 weeks. My weight being 163-166 instead of 167-170.

Ill weigh 1x a.week

What should i twweek? Am i going in the right direction?

Replies

This discussion has been closed.