Today feels different to me.

Options
rsclause
rsclause Posts: 3,103 Member
I woke up tired and after running for three consecutive days decided to take a rest day. Went to make breakfast and didn't feel hungry at all. Out of habit I made two fried eggs and two strips of bacon. About the time I left for work I could taste it. It was that funny acetone taste in my mouth. I have had it briefly before but this time it is sticking around. I guess I have hit a new level of keto after being on a brief plateau for about ten days. It is exactly one month of keto today and three weeks of really hard core keto diet. Hopefully my body can start putting my stored fat to good use. To the more experienced ketoer's out there is this taste the new norm? Does it go away or do you just get used to it?

Replies

• julepige
    julepige Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I get very hot in my face when in keto ( like a blushing felling) not sure about the taste in my mouth, saying that i do get some funny smells from my mouth sometimes. Right now i am on and off the wagon ( finding it hard when kids is off , throws me of my track).
  • nvmomketo
    nvmomketo Posts: 12,019 Member
    Options
    I think it varies between people. Some get it and some don't.

How is your hydration and salt? I imagine a bit of dehydration and low sodium could also cause the fatigue and make the taste more obvious.
  • rsclause
    rsclause Posts: 3,103 Member
    Options
    Was tired this morning but i think that was more me not wanting to run. My energy today has been great. I guess I was a little excited because this seemed like a confirmation that I am in ketosis. I am too lazy to do any real testing and am content to let my body tell me. Now with the weekend coming if I can just avoid kicking myself out of keto.
  • nvmomketo
    nvmomketo Posts: 12,019 Member
    Options
    It only takes a couple of days for a completely sedentary person, even with insulin resistance, to get into ketosis. You've been doing it for longer than that so you are probably firmly ketogenic... Plus with your activity level, it was probably faster than average.

Fat adaptation tends to take longer. Usually a few months it sounds like.