New to Keto

Options
Hello. I’ve been following a Keto diet for 5 days and am curious to hear other’s stories of just starting out. About 4 years ago I weighed 240lbs and started on a strict Paleo diet. I lost 50 lbs over the course of 5-6 months and kept it off until I got pregnant. After having my daughter I lost most of the baby weight in the first 6 months and was feeling healthy, following a vegan diet and not counting calories or getting much exercise. In December I changed jobs from one where I was constantly on my feet and walking around to a desk job and went from strictly vegan to eating pretty much anything I wanted and having the occasional drink after work and on the weekends. Bad idea 🙄. I gained 15 lbs and lost a lot of energy and was just feeling awful. I tried restricting calories to 1200 a day but was still drinking and eating a lot of sugar and carbs. I started doing yoga and body weight building at home two weeks ago and have been strictly Keto and cut out all alcohol for the past 5 days. I’m feeling great, but not seeing any activity on the scale. I’m counting macros and carbs but varying from 1250 to 1600 depending on my activity levels and overall hunger. My current weight is 198lbs. My immediate goal is to get down to 180lbs as that will be 2-3 lbs below my lowest weight and I know I’ll be happy there, but would love to keep going once I obtain that goal.

Replies

• jrmie333
    jrmie333 Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    Hello and welcome ,

I am relatively new only 2 months on keto. Also just have a baby who is now 8months and half. Basically i am here to heal and of course loose the weight. I have Hashimoto, PCOS and it took me almost 4 years to conceive my 1child while taking metformin and other meds. I would love for my periods to regulate on their own and conceive eventually naturally. I will be 30 next yearand it will be nice to be at 180 by that time.
  • BerkshireGirl413
    BerkshireGirl413 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    When I was at my heaviest I would sometimes go 6-8 months without a period and didn’t think I could have children. Diet makes a huge difference in hormones and I strongly believe it is the processed food that was hurting me. I gave up all gluten and dairy the first time around. I’m doing cheese now and it seems to be agreeing, but I may switch it up and try eliminating dairy again.