Rhythms-after menopause

Options
Sabine_Stroehm
Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
I'm almost two years past (whoa!) and have noticed that sometimes I feel grand, and sometimes not so much. I'm starting to notice a pattern, a cycle to it. Has anyone ever continued to track their "cycles" in order to predict crankiness, food cravings, extra hotflashes etc.... after?

TIA

Replies

• tcunbeliever
    tcunbeliever Posts: 8,219 Member
    Options
    I'm still perimenopause...I have noticed the the mood swings are awful lately...I've been taking D3 and Natural Changes to try to offset that...just started this week, so too soon to tell if it will help.

I legit spent an hour sobbing last week because my husband didn't put up dinner one night, and I promise, I am not usually an emotional person. Trying to keep the crazy in the box, but it keeps sneaking out.

I haven't really thought about tracking it, that's a good idea, I'm going to start that.
  • tmbg1
    tmbg1 Posts: 1,275 Member
    Options
    I have noticed that I have cycles but don't always have the accompanying period. I'll get pms right on schedule, but only get the actual period every few months. It's weird.
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Options
    It is weird. I haven't had a period in about 1.5 years now, but I am noticing patterns.
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    edited June 2019
    Options
    Nearly a year has past since this OP, which is about 2 years past the "end". And YES. I still noticed patterns. I'll feel GREAT for weeks and weeks, and then I'll feel bad, worse, WAY WORSE than typical PMS and then just as quickly it's gone and I'll feel fine to great, again. Fascinating. (This is one of the WORSE times). cheers
  • beckyrpl
    beckyrpl Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    I'm 3 years into menopause - I don't seem to have any sort of cycle. I do get hot flashes - not as many as I used to, and not as intense - mostly at night now....no crankiness or food cravings. Menopause has really been such a relief to me - my periods were horrible - really bad cramps every month, migraines, crankiness, food cravings - aside from the occasional hot flash, I feel so much better now and - per my husband, I'm a much happier person LOL!
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Options
    beckyrpl wrote: »
    I'm 3 years into menopause - I don't seem to have any sort of cycle. I do get hot flashes - not as many as I used to, and not as intense - mostly at night now....no crankiness or food cravings. Menopause has really been such a relief to me - my periods were horrible - really bad cramps every month, migraines, crankiness, food cravings - aside from the occasional hot flash, I feel so much better now and - per my husband, I'm a much happier person LOL!

I'm sort of the opposite: my periods were pretty easy. Menopause has been more eventful. I think what I notice the most is "outbreaks" of hot flashes. They seem to come and go every couple of months.
  • leonadixon
    leonadixon Posts: 479 Member
    Options
    How are you tracking, if I may ask? I am not yet in menopause, but had a hysterectomy (still have ovaries) and have been trying to figure out this crazy. I can't seem to use the period trackers or don't know how. Any assistance is appreciated for sure!
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Options
    leonadixon wrote: »
    How are you tracking, if I may ask? I am not yet in menopause, but had a hysterectomy (still have ovaries) and have been trying to figure out this crazy. I can't seem to use the period trackers or don't know how. Any assistance is appreciated for sure!

I've always just used a calendar. I tried a couple of trackers and hated them.