Question on Splurge day.

Options
alyripper
alyripper Posts: 10 Member
I read Joes instruction for OMAD basic plan which says
"Allow one splurge day per week (after the first two weeks.) At least once every two or three weeks, give your mind and body a break from the calorie restriction by allowing yourself a splurge day".
So I do plan splurge once a week. I am curious to know do you gain weight with splurge? Additionally, if u follow this protocol, how do u get ur self back the next day?

Replies

• catuccifranco08
    catuccifranco08 Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    I found in my experience doing Omad almost 3 months 20 Aug 18 i just dont splurge i keep myself in the pattern that my body is used to back in may when i first started Omad i did do a few splurges i felt worse it like throwing a wrench into the machine and really you dont have to have a splurge day if you dont want to so if i do decide to have a splurge day i usually plan around birthdays holidays cause life happens. Hope this help out you just have to find what works for you and your LIFESTYLE but Omad can fit into any LIFESTYLE.
  • Vanguard1
    Vanguard1 Posts: 372 Member
    Options
    I found that once my appetite correction kicked in, I really don't need a cheat day. It throws me off and I feel terrible after it. And yes, you will see the gain after 1 cheat day...
  • EstrangedTiger
    EstrangedTiger Posts: 543 Member
    Options
    I found in my experience doing Omad almost 3 months 20 Aug 18 i just dont splurge i keep myself in the pattern that my body is used to back in may when i first started Omad i did do a few splurges i felt worse it like throwing a wrench into the machine and really you dont have to have a splurge day if you dont want to so if i do decide to have a splurge day i usually plan around birthdays holidays cause life happens. Hope this help out you just have to find what works for you and your LIFESTYLE but Omad can fit into any LIFESTYLE.

Yeah, Joe has talked about how he regrets mentioning splurge days. Cause splurge in the regular dietary world means going wild. Splurge for an OMADer could be having a little more food than usual or something like a nice dessert within a couple hours of eating.
    Vanguard1 wrote: »
    I found that once my appetite correction kicked in, I really don't need a cheat day. It throws me off and I feel terrible after it. And yes, you will see the gain after 1 cheat day...

Yeah, grazing blows me up, lots of fluid retention. I try to Warrior Diet on my splurge days, 20/4 split with a fun snack. Maybe skip my usual veggies.