Breakfast

Options
What are some nutritious foods and low fat foods/meals for breakfast?

Replies

• SelenaMariaStewart
    SelenaMariaStewart Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    I love overnight Oats! PB and banana is my favourite! Either that or fun toast, try avocado and tomato or spinach, tomato, mushroom over mashed chickpeas. Yum yum!
  • jaqthack
    jaqthack Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I eat two soft boiled eggs, half of an avocado and some greens (either spinach or arugula). I used to eat oatmeal and fresh fruit, but overtime it started to make me feel bloated.
  • Safari_Gal
    Safari_Gal Posts: 888 Member
    Options
    Eggs- I do a lot of omelettes, salmon (I have it for breakfast!)
  • stephanieturner0122
    stephanieturner0122 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I love breakfast smoothies and am a big fan of Vega protein & greens vegan protein shake mix. It contains vegetable-derived protein and is sweetened with all natural stevia. I blend 2 scoops with water and a cup of frozen organic blueberries. It's quick to make, tastes good, and keeps me going until lunch.
  • Tracie_Lord
    Tracie_Lord Posts: 1,761 Member
    Options
    eggs a fruit on the go at work or at weekends, porridge with fruit or bacon, eggs and mushrooms :)
  • LeanMean2077
    LeanMean2077 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Miso soup - very filling!
  • foreverhealthy3
    foreverhealthy3 Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    I prepare a batch of steel cut oatmeal, freeze on a sheet pan; and precut small portions for breakfast; take out in morning add a little choice milk preference and a slice of grain toast.
    another choice, is hard cooked eggs, cheese slice, homemade v8 juice or small fruit; veg/furit protein smoothie and a few nuts.
  • stonedragonfarm
    stonedragonfarm Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Breakfast spring roll! Scrambled egg (or Eggbeaters), turkey sausage, fat-free "refried" beans, 1/4 avocado or a little bit of cheese, bit of diced tomato, all rolled into a spring roll wrapper, sprayed with a bit of olive or avocado oil, and baked until browned and crispy. (If you have an air fryer, it's PERFECT!)
    You can use just about anything you want--leftover veggies, whatever sounds good that morning, to fill it.
  • AustinRuadhain
    AustinRuadhain Posts: 2,573 Member
    Options
    My two favorite breakfasts this week:
    - olive tapenade (olives, garlic; used olive oil as per recipe but will use avocado next time) on slices of cucumber and carrot
    - overnight blueberry chia pudding (cashew milk, vanilla, blueberries, chia seeds)
  • Safari_Gal
    Options
    My two favorite breakfasts this week:
    - olive tapenade (olives, garlic; used olive oil as per recipe but will use avocado next time) on slices of cucumber and carrot
    - overnight blueberry chia pudding (cashew milk, vanilla, blueberries, chia seeds)

@AustinRuadhain
    Going to try that tapenade on cucumber! I love cucumber anything!

Ps - chia everything!
  • lesliewynn1
    lesliewynn1 Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    Plain oatmeal with 1/4 cup blueberries has been my favorite lately. Quick, easy and fills me up. Usually once a week I have breakfast for dinner, something like scrambled eggs and bacon or low-carb pumpkin pancakes with sugar-free syrup. I'm not super strict with clean eating because I will eat bacon and sugar free syrup.
  • HotMermaid729
    HotMermaid729 Posts: 806 Member
    Options
    Egg white cupcakes B)
  • njitaliana
    njitaliana Posts: 814 Member
    edited December 2018
    Options
    I'm having a "mushroom, spinach and feta breakfast casserole" with a no-sugar added fruit cup each day this week. I will have a slice each day for a week. Just veggies, eggs and cheese, and it's filling.
  • HotMermaid729
    HotMermaid729 Posts: 806 Member
    Options
    My egg white cupcakes are egg whites, lean home ground Turkey breast, onions, home canned kale, seasonings....all mixed up. Non stick cupcake/muffin tin, fill 3/4 full with mixture, bake in oven at 400F until done or golden on top.

I take them out to cool and then store in a zip lock in the fridge. Quick easy on-the-go breakfast.
  • Safari_Gal
    Options
    My egg white cupcakes are egg whites, lean home ground Turkey breast, onions, home canned kale, seasonings....all mixed up. Non stick cupcake/muffin tin, fill 3/4 full with mixture, bake in oven at 400F until done or golden on top.

I take them out to cool and then store in a zip lock in the fridge. Quick easy on-the-go breakfast.

@HotMermaid729 those sound delicious!
  • lew0017
    lew0017 Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    2 cups of cooked spinach with a 1 egg, 1/2 avocado and 1 orange.
  • Blue_eyed_girl82
    Blue_eyed_girl82 Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    Can I make omelets the night before to take to work for me for breakfast because I am on the run constantly?
  • Safari_Gal
    Options
    Can I make omelets the night before to take to work for me for breakfast because I am on the run constantly?

Sure I don’t see why not. :)

• darkhippo
    darkhippo Posts: 1 Member
    Options

I do something like this, except I make frittatas (think, baked omelette) twice a week and take them for breakfast for the next few days. Great way of getting in protein and a load of veggies (don't use mushrooms though, they release water as they're baking, which seems to stop the eggs setting properly, or I'm doing something badly wrong).
  • Sue2bthin
    Sue2bthin Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I have Bob’s Mills9 grain cereal, with apple bits and cinnamon cooked right in. Or, I make a veggie “omelette” vegan style, made out of chick pea flour and other stuff - more like a pancake with veggies cooked in. One more idea: a vegan protein smoothie - pea protein powder, water, kale leaves, frozen strawberries & some pineapple.