Discussion - any Non Scale Victories to share?

Options
cxwhit3
cxwhit3 Posts: 293 Member
For me, it's really that I haven't given up on my plan to lose weight this time, even though I've hit a few stumbling blocks this summer.

Also, I need some new work clothes for my new job and that's kind of exciting!

How about you?

Replies

• leonadixon
    leonadixon Posts: 479 Member
    Options
    I had to get new bras! I've "only" lost 15 pounds since February. While I am trying to not get down about how little that seems, every pound and inch have been between my neck and my waist lol. I had to get new bras and really need some shirts. I refuse to buy more clothes just yet but the bras were extremely necessary!
  • cxwhit3
    Options
    leonadixon wrote: »
    I had to get new bras! I've "only" lost 15 pounds since February. While I am trying to not get down about how little that seems, every pound and inch have been between my neck and my waist lol. I had to get new bras and really need some shirts. I refuse to buy more clothes just yet but the bras were extremely necessary!

You are doing great! Sounds funny to get excited about bras but it’s really important! 15 pounds seems to be about when I drop a size somewhere, (top or bottom) as well.
  • poeciliareticulata
    poeciliareticulata Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    I went for a run! Well, week 1 run 1 of couch to 5k. I’ve also almost convinced myself that I will rejoin the gym once the small person is back at school. Almost.
  • cxwhit3
    Options
    I’ve noticed that as the weight is coming off, I’m more interested in other aspects of taking care of myself and my personal presentation. I haven’t worn makeup for quite a while, but decided with my new job, to make the effort and am getting new products and watching videos on application for my age. (Side note: Dominique Sachse does really good tutorials on YouTube). I’m also more interested in clothes, especially how they fit instead of just throwing on jeans and a tee.

The most exciting thing was when we went on the dinner train last Saturday, I wore a dress that I purchased 2 years ago that was too tight when I bought it, but I liked it so much I couldn’t bear to send it back. That was an ego boost! Also, I’ve never gone without hose with a dress before because I don’t really like my legs (chubby calves) but it is so humid here in Iowa right now that I slapped on some leg bronzer (my legs never see light of day) and went for it.

Anyway, thanks as always to all of you in the group for continued support. I love that we are doing this together!
    Everyone keep at it. We can do this!
  • leonadixon
    Options
    That's fantastic! Good for you!
  • cxwhit3
    Options
    leonadixon wrote: »
    That's fantastic! Good for you!

How did the bra shopping go?
  • leonadixon
    Options
    Wonderful! My plan was to only get 2 from Victoria's Secret (I really like their bras), but they had a sale of by 2 get one free! I love them and it makes my shirts look so much nicer with a bra that fits!
This discussion has been closed.