Desire to go back to eating clean foods

Hi everyone out there. I just came from a headache debate over bad carbs/sugars (processed) vs good carbs/sugars (fresh) and realized how many ppl are on a junk weight loss rather than improving their health & nutrition. First app to experience this. I was attacked many times over believing that bad carbs are bad for health & weight loss. So glad when I found this group. I'm very new on here. I want to get back to eating clean food, organic & non GMO. I lost my first 30 lbs this way. I got stuck back on junk not wanting to, just circumstances. Hoping to get better support on here.

Replies

• hroderick
    hroderick Posts: 756 Member
    Well opinions are like belly buttons, everyone has one and some are outies. I personally prefer unprocessed fresh foods but could care less about organic or not. Except for soybean which is almost all gmo, most everything is non-gmo regardless of label. Others feel better by buying into the marketing hype and that's their choice. Sustainable fishing on the other hand deserves a premium price from me. No offense intended, but be OK with diversity of opinion and grateful for the freedom to express and choose for yourself.
  • jaqthack
    jaqthack Posts: 8 Member
    I try to buy local or minimally processed. I avoid anything with soy. It is definitely a challenge, but I do feel better and the food tastes so much better. Sugar is my demon and it is easier to just avoid completely.
  • Tracie_Lord
    Tracie_Lord Posts: 1,761 Member
    got to say I do get the carb argument slightly and try to reduced refined carbs full stop.

That said almost all foods has carbs in - which is why I am so any keto

I clean eat 90% of the time and have lost 93.5lbs in a little under a year