I had foot pain all summer!

Options
MostlyWater
MostlyWater Posts: 4,294 Member
At first I thought it was from wearing sandals, maybe without enough support, but even with orthotics in, my left foot hurts.

I popped in a fluffy foot insert which seems to help some but not enough. I'm doing the Epsom salt baths and using a foot roller, is my only other alternative a cortisone shot?

Thanks all.

Replies

• swim777
    swim777 Posts: 599 Member
    Options
    I had inserts made for me as well as medication that helped with inflammation. I had been having problems for a long time. This helped me.
  • d_thomas02
    d_thomas02 Posts: 9,048 Member
    Options
    My foot pain might be different than yours. It only occurred when I stood up after sitting for a long period. Then it felt like someone had beat the bottoms of my feet with a bat for the first dozen steps or so. Orthotics stopped all of that.

This happened about fifteen years back. Since retiring from my sedentary laboratory job about four years ago and taking an active post retirement job which requires walking roughly 10 miles a day, I don't need the orthotics anymore.
  • MostlyWater
    Options
    Lucky you. I can't seem to beat it.

I've tried soaking in Epsom salts. Using a roller under my foot several times a day. Wearing orthotics. Wearing special cushiony shoes. Wearing Bigger shoes. Nothing seems to help very much.

Time to see the dr.
  • JellybeanJeanette
    JellybeanJeanette Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I have dealt with Plantar fasciitis in my right foot that lasted for months and finally improved with the right physical therapist. So -when I developed pain in the ball of my left foot, after the podiatrist diagnosed it as sesmoiditis (inflammation of the tiny sesmoid bones) I went back to the physical therapist and was finally able to heal that up. So I would say to try some physical therapy!

Then, this summer I accidentally kicked my kitchen table and broke my pinky toe. :( physical therapy doesn’t fix that. :(
  • MostlyWater
    Options
    No, I broke pinky toes several times. It really hurts and all you can do is rest!