Calorie Counter

You are currently viewing the message boards in:

Snack, Snack, Snack

2»

Replies

• Hearts_2015Hearts_2015 Posts: 12,127Member Member Posts: 12,127Member Member
    ashrymom wrote: »
    I always find if I’m hungry and snacky I make a large cup of hot tea. The warmth fills my tummy and it takes a while to sip it. And zero calories!
    @ashrymom
    Hot tea! I need to remember the Tea ;) <3 Thanks for the reminder
    edited January 8
  • tlesedam866tlesedam866 Posts: 6Member, Premium Member Posts: 6Member, Premium Member
    I like to crunch on dry cereal, maybe not the most ideal, but a lot of cereal is lower calorie/lower fat and I never "need" the whole suggested serving so I save even more cal/fat. My favorites are cheerios and fruit loops (off brands)
  • Emmapatterson1729Emmapatterson1729 Posts: 708Member Member Posts: 708Member Member
    New to the group, so not sure if this has been an discussed or not. I know that nuts are a great snack and source of protein, but I have peanut allergy and cannot have any kinds of them. Any suggestions for crunchy snacks for when I really in the mood for a snack?

@mjschmitzmojo

Don't know if you're still checking in sometimes or not, as this is a much older post.

I can't eat nuts, but I can eat coconut. So, I buy those dried out coconut chips (I like the Trader Joe's ones). They have a very nutty flavor.

I was also eating a lot of the plantain chips sold at Trader Joe's. They were a nice taste and crunch that reminded me of nuts.
    edited July 14