Calorie Counter

You are currently viewing the message boards in:

Snack, Snack, Snack

2»

Replies

• Hearts_2015Hearts_2015 Posts: 12,131Member Member Posts: 12,131Member Member
    ashrymom wrote: »
    I always find if I’m hungry and snacky I make a large cup of hot tea. The warmth fills my tummy and it takes a while to sip it. And zero calories!
    @ashrymom
    Hot tea! I need to remember the Tea ;) <3 Thanks for the reminder
    edited January 8
  • tlesedam866tlesedam866 Posts: 6Member, Premium Member Posts: 6Member, Premium Member
    I like to crunch on dry cereal, maybe not the most ideal, but a lot of cereal is lower calorie/lower fat and I never "need" the whole suggested serving so I save even more cal/fat. My favorites are cheerios and fruit loops (off brands)
  • Emmapatterson1729Emmapatterson1729 Posts: 1,282Member Member Posts: 1,282Member Member
    New to the group, so not sure if this has been an discussed or not. I know that nuts are a great snack and source of protein, but I have peanut allergy and cannot have any kinds of them. Any suggestions for crunchy snacks for when I really in the mood for a snack?

@mjschmitzmojo

Don't know if you're still checking in sometimes or not, as this is a much older post.

I can't eat nuts, but I can eat coconut. So, I buy those dried out coconut chips (I like the Trader Joe's ones). They have a very nutty flavor.

I was also eating a lot of the plantain chips sold at Trader Joe's. They were a nice taste and crunch that reminded me of nuts.
    edited July 14
  • theresawolfecumberlandtheresawolfecumberland Posts: 1Member Member Posts: 1Member Member
    Sugar snap peas dipped in Hummus or Avacado works great for me. I even slice cucumber and dip them as well. I feel like something crunchy (but healthy) and having a healthy (measured) dip satisfies my craving and I feel good after eating it! I try to keep a banana or other veggie/fruit items available as well. Water is key and maybe even hot tea or black coffee. It seems the slow sipping of either will help the urge to eat pass.
  • DHussliDHussli Posts: 1Member Member Posts: 1Member Member
    I am a snacker. I have found that reading has helped me. I get ready for bed at 8. ( empty nester here) I read the author J.D. Robbs' Death series. I crawl in bed, away from snacks and the kitchen, after reading a couple of chapters of my book I am tired and sleep great. When I sat in a chair to read at the end table was snacks and a drink. I will Not take snacks to the bedroom. So far this is working.
  • LglSecLglSec Posts: 11Member Member Posts: 11Member Member
    Hey everyone, I am new here ...my 3rd day ..and I just love to eat anything that I should not eat ..I am a snacker and a grazer ...first time I have actually counted calories, not a wonder that I have gained and gained weight ..I was so not aware of how many calories I was taking in...really an eye opener! My husband and I were on WW and I must have been eating at least 100 grapes a day ...plus bananas ...they were zero points, but they are NOT zero calories ...any way ..I need ideas and lots of prayers !!!
  • conniewilkins56conniewilkins56 Posts: 242Member Member Posts: 242Member Member
    I like the Sargento Balanced snacks.....At 190 calories in a premeasured container,they are always ready to eat and very satisfying with just enough carbs and protein in them!...
  • erikaparent67erikaparent67 Posts: 1Member Member Posts: 1Member Member
    I am new to Fitness Pal and I have found that when I start getting munchy, I snack on sugar snap peas and grape tomatoes. They have a nice crunch and fill me up. I have little food discipline, so if I am going to snack I try to do veggies. Doesn't always work, but I keep plugging forward.
  • denjan333denjan333 Posts: 145Member, Premium Member Posts: 145Member, Premium Member
    I get really shaky if I don’t eat every few hours, so I make sure snacks are planned out every day. I prefer the total snack to be 150-200 calories. Some of my go-to snacks include hummus with veggies (carrots, celery, cucumber, whatever you like), a light rye crisp with with one tbsp natural peanut butter, boiled egg, blueberries, raspberries, pears, greek yogurt, a protein shake (with added plain greek yogurt and frozen berries, with almond milk), cottage cheese. I don’t like just fruit for a snack, because it often makes me more hungry. I will always try to get protein, fat and carbs in each meal or snack.