Macros

damirra
damirra Posts: 1 Member
I have tried diferent websites to figure out my macros but they give me different numbers. I started on Agust 10 and I feel confused about my intake of protein and fat.

Replies

• janra01
    janra01 Posts: 12 Member
    I just used the one on ketokarma.com. I would say just pick one and use it always, are the results that different? I think to start it is 75% fat, 20% protein goal and 5% carbs max as a rule. Right now I’m 198 lbs, needing to lose another 65 lbs, I’m working at a 24% deficient so my macros are 76g protein, 90g fat and 15 g carbs, I178 calories. I’m a 64 yr old female, sedentary. You’ll learn after a while, you just have to experiment.

I started in late February and am down 50lbs, about 1.5 per week. Stick with it! It really works.
  • CarolynRSB
    CarolynRSB Posts: 84 Member
    I was confused by that too, and ended up averaging our the calories among three or four and adjusting the protein/fat/carb macros from there. I used Perfect Keto, Ketogains, and KetoDiet Buddy for counts; Ketogains was the lowest for calories offered. So far so good... eight pounds down (my body is a slower loser, but it's getting there).
  • Re_Banana
    Re_Banana Posts: 73 Member
    This is my go to calculator.
    keto-calculator.ankerl.com
    It's the same one that the keto subreddit suggests so I'm assuming it's reliable. Set activity level to sedentary and a 20% deficit. Recalculate every 10 pounds or so.