Bonus Workouts S1

Options
M00NPYE
M00NPYE Posts: 193 Member
I'm doing the last workout of S1 tonight, and was reading in the book about the final 2 bonus workouts. I'm not planning on taking a rest week (I took enough of them this month). Was wondering if you guys that already finished stage 1 did the bonus workouts on the last day of the final workout or did you do both bonus workouts on 2 separate extra days or together in one extra day?

Thanks!

Replies

• likitisplit
    likitisplit Posts: 9,420 Member
    Options
    NROL4W - the bonus workouts are just to see how far you've come. I skip them and rest weeks because I only do two days a week of lifting.
  • VickiG36
    VickiG36 Posts: 350 Member
    Options
    I didn't do them. I got bored with stage 1 and I took a long time to complete it. I was ready to move into Stage 2 so skipped that part.
  • Melissa26point2
    Melissa26point2 Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    I did them both in 1 day. It took like 45 minutes. I was curious to see how far I had come. Glad I did it, although after doing 56 (40lb) squats and 49 swiss ball crunches, I was tired and sore.
  • stef_monster
    stef_monster Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    I just did my first bonus workout of Stage 1 tonight. It took me a bit less time than one of the full workouts, but I definitely felt like I did some work. I'm going to do my second bonus workout of Stage 1 on Saturday, take my third lifting day (Monday) as an off day, and start Stage 2 this coming Thursday. I feel like that'll be long enough to let me recover. I was REALLY glad I did the bonus workout. I couldn't stop grinning while I remembered how hard those first few workouts were, and how light the weight felt now!
  • siany01
    siany01 Posts: 319 Member
    Options
    I was REALLY glad I did the bonus workout. I couldn't stop grinning while I remembered how hard those first few workouts were, and how light the weight felt now!

Snap, thats the same as me. I was well chuffed I could do 35 deadlifts of the 25kgs I struggled to do 10 with just 6 wks before. I am pleased I did them.
  • M00NPYE
    M00NPYE Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    I did them both in 1 day. It took like 45 minutes. I was curious to see how far I had come. Glad I did it, although after doing 56 (40lb) squats and 49 swiss ball crunches, I was tired and sore.

Good to know, thanks!