Food/drink you unexpectedly miss?

Options
zanyterp
zanyterp Posts: 291 Member
When I started looking at, and working toward, eating Keto to help break my 3 month plateau, I knew I would miss all the candy, sweets, pastries, ice cream, et cetera that I love (and had cut down on the previous 9 months). What I wasn’t expecting is how quickly the extra energy would come on and I would not need to drink Monster to make it through the day. I have been drinking them daily for years and enjoy the taste...but with the extra energy, I haven’t needed any. Anyone else see unexpected food or drink they miss they weren’t expecting to miss?

Replies

• CarolynRSB
    CarolynRSB Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    I thought I would miss rice more, but what I do sometimes miss is really good fresh bread. A couple times a month my husband would pick up some from a great local bakery and we would enjoy it with olive oil & balsamic vinegar, or a homemade pesto.
  • rsclause
    rsclause Posts: 3,103 Member
    Options
    Beer! I also miss BLT sandwiches
  • CarolynRSB
    CarolynRSB Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    rsclause wrote: »
    Beer! I also miss BLT sandwiches

Yes! I do love a good IPA. I've had only one in the almost five weeks I've been on keto, and that was because it was a craft one I hadn't tried before. Sometimes you go for it, adjust rest of carb intake as needed, and enjoy. It didn't seem to have a negative impact on my ketosis, likely because I was careful with the rest of my day's food intake.
  • PaulaKro
    PaulaKro Posts: 5,698 Member
    Options
    ^^ this ^^
    If I want something I just have it, just not very often. Mostly I don't miss things much. But I was craving a "something" and so had a rice cake yesterday. Little things...
  • shelbydodgeguy
    shelbydodgeguy Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    I never was big on breads, sweets, pasta, potatoes, or an alcohol drinker. I think the only things I really miss are corn tortillas & tortilla chips, popcorn, and Asian noodles/fried rice type dishes.
  • onevtcent018
    onevtcent018 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I miss cereal more than I expected. I don't generally crave carbs at all anymore, except a giant bowl of Cap n Crunch once in a while. I haven't caved in about 7 months, but that craving still surfaces.
  • kpk54
    kpk54 Posts: 4,474 Member
    Options
    I missed food's company. The type of food wasn't as important as the company and comfort it provided. :/
  • zanyterp
    Options
    @kpk54: condolences (hope things are getting better)
  • luvthisjourney
    luvthisjourney Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I really miss cereal and french fries.
  • kpk54
    kpk54 Posts: 4,474 Member
    Options
    Awwww. Thank you, @zanyterp.

I am fine now and have been for a few years. When my parents passed (well into their 70s so should be expected) I never expected to be so deeply saddened and lonely with their death. They were both diagnosed with horrible cancers the 1st week of April in 2006. While they both lived another year, it was not with good health. It took me a very long time to move through my grief and come out the other side. I finally did...60 pounds overweight :# but I'm OK today. :)
  • zanyterp
    Options
    :p
    Glad it is better; sorry to hear they died with unfortunate cancer experiences (and you, as the survivor worse).