NROLFW

Options
yaseyuku
yaseyuku Posts: 871 Member
I bought NROLFW a few days ago and have been slowly reading through it. I intend to start this weekend. The only issue is that I have a personal trainer that I see twice a week, and we work mainly on strength training, be it through bodyweight exercises, free weights, or occasionally machines.

Is doing NROLFW plus additional strength training a bad idea? I don't want to overwork my muscles as I know rest is important, but can definitely change the workouts I do with the personal trainer so that I can incorporate New Rules into my fitness routine.

Thanks to anyone who can offer advice.

Replies

• sclaibo
    sclaibo Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    I'm no expert, but based on what I've read from the book, it is not a good idea to do strength training in addition to NROLFW because the muscles need to rest. Ask your trainer to incorporate the workout in his/her plan for you!
  • Melissa26point2
    Melissa26point2 Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    Can you ask the personal trainer to focus only on the workouts in the book as opposed to what he/she would normally want to do? I mean, you ARE paying them to help you. they should be willing to change the workouts.
  • kathleennf
    kathleennf Posts: 606 Member
    Options
    I totally agree with the above two posts. I think you should either take advantage of the trainer for now, and do whatever routine he/she recommends, and save the book for when you don't have a trainer, or else get the trainer to help you do the routine in the book. I personally did the first for a while, then switched to the second. The trainer was not that keen on the book at first but then when he saw the exercise he really liked them.