Brand New to clean eating!

I'm was posting to my 12 week challenge and started looking at other groups. I really want to be a clean eater. So I'm joining to get everyone's help. I just woke up am hour ago and haven't eaten anything yet. I'm going to go have watermelon for breakfast! And then head to the grocery and health food store for some lunch and dinner items. What are some of your favorite recipes?

Replies

• terril18
    terril18 Posts: 13 Member
    Good morning @Tenishak34. Just joined this group after getting back on track with My Fitness Pal.
    With just getting back on track, getting healthy, clean eating is definitely smart. I can see the fruits and veggies, but I myself struggle with meal ideas. I am doing my research though, and will let you know once I get some info for you.
  • krythie
    krythie Posts: 84 Member
    Hi there. I also am new to this group. There are lots of great discussions on this groups home page. I have been a semi-clean/organic eater for many years. But sometimes I get off track and indulge in foods that I know are not good for me. Recently I joined a short cleanse and got back to eating more organic foods. As far as meals go, even organic chicken or wild caught salmon/whitefish with organic veggies is a fast and fun, tasty meal. There are tons of clean eating websites that have yummy dishes. Try eatingwell.com for a 14 day clean eating meal plan of 1200 calories per day. There is also eatyourselfskinny.com for weekly meal prep routine. Hope this helps!
  • MyEvolvingJourney
    MyEvolvingJourney Posts: 369 Member
    @tenishak34 Sorry, I don't think this group is super active, which is sad! How are things going for you?
  • Safari_Gal
    Safari_Gal Posts: 888 Member
    @tenishak34 Sorry, I don't think this group is super active, which is sad! How are things going for you?

Hi @tenishak34 @MyEvolvingJourney @krythie
    I haven’t checked in - in awhile. Hope all is going well!

Re recipes- I do cook a lot. I have a few great produce stores close to me so I’ve been trying all sorts of international vegetables lately.

I’m currently into trying new varieties of fish too..Orange Roughy is currently my fav.

Any new and exciting items you’ve tried?
    A few new things in my shopping cart/ -Purple Brussels sprouts- they taste awesome!, romanescu and bought a variety of heirloom eggs today. Wonder if they will taste any different. Will have to post a pic. ☺️

Have a great week! 🌻

• MyEvolvingJourney
    MyEvolvingJourney Posts: 369 Member
    @Sherrym10 It appears a lot of people have different ideas about what clean eating is. I think at it's core, it's eating fresh unprocessed foods. Some only eat vegetables and grains, some add ethically sourced meat and dairy.
  • rlengland2014
    rlengland2014 Posts: 98 Member
    @Sherrym10 It appears a lot of people have different ideas about what clean eating is. I think at it's core, it's eating fresh unprocessed foods. Some only eat vegetables and grains, some add ethically sourced meat and dairy.

i like this definition myself.
  • Gorachelann
    Gorachelann Posts: 3 Member
    Hello healthy living friends! I am new to this group and wanted to say hello.
  • marycilec
    marycilec Posts: 31 Member
    Hi, new here too. I try to eat whole foods and less processed ones. I gave up soda pop and asperatame. I limit salt and sugar. I eat grass-fed meat, free-range eggs, organic when needed. Sherry, I have Crohn's too, but am obese and trying to lose weight. 51 yo, happily married, thankful mom, looking for female friends only.
  • mac2trak
    mac2trak Posts: 2 Member
    Just joined the group. Hi all! I have an auto-immune disease and having a difficult time managing my diet. I don't need to lose weight but I am. I want to eat healthy but also eat foods that I could possible gain a few much needed lbs. I am not sure I understand the difference between organic and regular food - is it worth the extra money? Also, are there health benefits. I appreciate any feedback. Best, mac2trak
  • Soul_mate
    Soul_mate Posts: 77 Member
    Hello everybody.. I am on a track to healthy life.. started with a target of 62 on 2nd Jan.. I am also fan of clean eating.. Need the guidance to learn that for life long..
  • tinkknit
    tinkknit Posts: 1 Member
    Hi folks! I started trying to eat a more whole food, plant based diet about a year ago in an effort to lose weight. Many proponents of this way of eating claim that you do not have to count calories or track your food intake, and you will lose weight. Sounded like a winner to me. However, in 2018, I only lost about 10 pounds - not much when my goal is to lose 70! I do see other health improvements, like my cholesterol is the lowest it's ever been. I'm going to start tracking my food intake here, and see what I can learn from that. I hope that this group starts being a little more active. Anyone here want to help with that?
  • radmack
    radmack Posts: 272 Member
    Sure - I think plant-based and clean eating is great and I’m glad it’s had some health improvements for you. This is just my personal opinion - I gain weight when I ignore my bodies fullness signals so tracking what I eat helps me lose weight.😄
  • maryjennifer
    maryjennifer Posts: 124 Member
    Hi, there is a great site that has tons of resources for clean eating that is called Change In Seconds, @tenishak34tenishak34. Check it out here:

https://www.changeinseconds.com/lifestyle/

https://www.changeinseconds.com/

They also have an amazing free tracking software that helps you to eat clean, https://www.changeinseconds.com/lifestyle-beats-diet/
  • gratefuldeb2
    gratefuldeb2 Posts: 5 Member
    how do i join, i'm very new to this. i'm trying to change my lifestyle to plant life for health reasons. i'm so eager to learn all i can.
  • LifeChoiceGrammy
    LifeChoiceGrammy Posts: 121 Member
    New to this group and hoping to learn from all of you!
  • maryjennifer
    maryjennifer Posts: 124 Member
    Here is a 7 day no junk food challenge to get you started: https://www.changeinseconds.com/7-day-no-junk-food-challenge/

Its the same site I reference above. It has tons of tips related to clean eating, fitness, recipes etc.
  • mypointhome
    mypointhome Posts: 12 Member
    Thanks for the info here. I am new to MFP, and learning a new way of life. Trying to stay low carb to lose weight and being very disciplined about loving my food. It has made a huge difference and I have lost a desirable amount of weight in two weeks.

I am looking for some “run out the door” breakfast ideas. I’ve got the eggs covered and need something to grab and go when I have a grab and go day. I like smoothies, but have to watch the carbs. Anyone try avacado smoothies?
  • JenRoz60
    JenRoz60 Posts: 3 Member
    Hello everyone: I am 2 weeks in to my new lifestyle of Whole Food Plant Based. After watching several documentaries and reading a lot on the subject, I felt it was the way to go for me. No red meat, pork, poultry, dairy or oil. No refined sugar either. I am actually loving it. I hadn't ate red meat since I was 16 (I will be 61 in March) and I ate very little pork. Chicken I used to eat quite often as well as eggs. At any rate, so far so good.
    The only supplement I take is B12 as suggested in the documentaries and the reading. I hadn't told anyone I was going to do this for the first week and then surprisingly my mom called me after her appointment with her cardiologist. He told her that there had been success with patients that had clogged arteries that when they changed over to this lifestyle their arteries actually cleared out reversal of heart disease. I had seen that in the doc's and the reading but that was even more verification for me. If any of you are interested I highly suggest you check out Forks Over Knives, What the Health & Pure Plant Nation. All are available on Netflix and on Amazon (to rent or buy).
    Here's to a healthy strong life!!