Weekly Post 03/09/2018 - 09/09/2018

Options
Meghan509
Meghan509 Posts: 1,957 Member
Good morning all! B)

September is here! Relaxing today but eating clean. Planning to hit the beach today. Sunny and HOT here!

Have a nice one and see you all soon.

Replies

• Meghan509
    Options
    Good morning everybody.

Hope you had a nice Labor Day (for those of us, that had a holiday yesterday).

My day was nice. I spent it at the beach. It was very hot and humid but sunny all day. Have to get these beach days in while we can! I ate clean yesterday. I didn't make it to the gym because it closed early for the holiday but I plan on getting there the next three days. Goals for me this week are to eat clean - somewhere between 1200 to 1500 calories daily, drink my water and hit the gym.

Have a nice one and see you all soon.
  • Meghan509
    Options
    Hope everybody is having a good week.
  • Meghan509
    Options
    Since it has been super duper quiet here lately... I just wanted to let the newbies and lurkers know that if they have any questions or need help with anything - please do post! Someone will get back to you with an answer soon. :)
  • mamainthekitchen
    mamainthekitchen Posts: 929 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone! Hello Meghan!!
    Hope everyone celebrating labour day *(I suppose here in N. America only) had a great time. We just didn't stop! Bbq every night!! too much food but lots of healthy options.

I found spicy cashews in my bulk section the other day - what a nice treat! just a few really takes the edge off sometimes and I think because you really need to chew them they make me feel like I'm having more than I am. I allow 5. Also found coconut yogurt.... not flavoured but yogurt made from coconut milk! It's only good with fresh fruit, but a good alternative and change for lunch.

Hope everyone has a good successful week... and to add to Meg above, how are you people!?? How are things going?? Each day is a new beginning, and I'm the first one to admit I fail a lot lately, (that newbie excitement gone) but it's so fun to read about others giving 5:2 a try. I'm going to nuckle down this month! So wish me luck~!!

Hope school is going well Kate! Know you're most likely busy with the beginning of another new year.

Cheers People B)
    Weve got a heat wave again @ 26C today!! Forcast for rain though for all of next week! That's the west coast for ya!
  • Meghan509
    edited September 2018
    Options
    Hi all,
    Hi @mamainthekitchen!
    Our Labor Day was very low key. Sounds like you guys had a blast!!
    Spicy cashews sound awesome! Love cashews in any form.
    I have been making a lunch salad for us with wheat berries. Those are so yummy! Found them in the bulk area for very cheap at my local Whole Foods. Shocking to say but yes, there are things at Whole Foods that are cheap!
    Not much happening here. Rained and stormed something fierce here last night. We opted to skip the gym. Roads were flooded, thunder, lightning, all that fun stuff. Thankfully the power didn't go out. Phew.
    We really have not had much rain here at all the last month or so. It is cooler today which is nice. Supposed to be low 70's and less humid for the weekend. Sigh, fall is coming!
    Hope school is going well Kate - probably only have one year left?! How exciting. Good for you.
    See you all soon!
  • mamainthekitchen
    mamainthekitchen Posts: 929 Member
    Options
    Hey Meghan! ;)
    Hello people reading :D

Weird how the weather has turned on both our coasts! Today started out fine and it’s still about 20C (68F), but the rains have come!! This should help our forests and clear the air!! Yippee!!

Wheat berries?? I know I’ve heard of them but I don’t think I’ve ever seen them in my store... they probably contain too many carbs for me.....(or the son) but they sound like a good crunch for a salad.

Today I’ve made a big vat of spicy chili!! Mostly to weigh out & store in the freezer... smells yummy so we may some but I’m also bbqing chicken for the daughter who won’t eat chili... yes, I’m a short order cook!!

Hope everyone has a great weekend! My fast last week was almost 1000 cals!! Not doing too well here!! Carrying on!!

• KateNkognito
    KateNkognito Posts: 1,519 Member
    Options
    Hey all! I am surfacing again. Last week was a work/homework storm. :o This week should be much calmer.
    The weather last week was so rainy, there was flooding all over the state. But today is bright and sunny! And it has cooled off very nicely.
    For Labor Day we put in a new sink. It is enamel over cast iron. We had to lift it in and out a bunch of times because it is just a little bit different than the old one. I sure felt it in my legs the next day. Who knew plumbing was such a great workout? LOL

I attempted to go caffeine free... it didn't work out. But I am sleeping better now, so it's all good.

@Meghan509 When you go to the doctor, make sure to get your actual numbers. Just because you are in the normal range doesn't mean that it isn't causing a problem. If the cutoff is, for example, 20 and you are 20.5, your doctor may tell you you are fine. But really, you may need to be treated. Just some personal experience.

@mamainthekitchen I know what you mean about the new wearing off. I hope some newbies will share their adventures! Glad you have gotten some rain and cool weather!

Off to catch up on all the housework that I have been ignoring. I live such an exciting life! :D
  • Meghan509
    Options
    Hi guys!
    Busy weekend here and doing a lot of weekly meal prep today. I think it will be four items, when all is said and done! :o
    Wheatberries are similar to farro and nutty like a brown rice. Picked up more yesterday!!
    Thanks for the info Kate! I will definately ask for all the numbers. My newer MD is so nice and very thorough. She acts like she really cares and wants to help, which is nice.
    Went to the gym today and got in a nice treadmill walk. Planning to get there every day this week through Thursday.
    Goodnight for now and see you tomorrow! Have a nice evening.