My percentages are good but I have calories left!

jelleigh
jelleigh Posts: 743 Member
Another newbie question here:

My macro % are on point today but ive only eaten 1100 out of 1500 calories. Other than a slight sugar craving, I'm not Really needing anything else. Do I just not eat any more? Or should I find a snack that fits?

This is what i have left. Any snack ideas?
Protein 22g
Carbs 9 g
Fat 29 g

Replies

• qweck3
    qweck3 Posts: 346 Member
    edited September 2018
    Depends on your body needs for your weight/height etc. I'm generally not going to force food down if I'm not hungry at the end of the day but at the same time I'm also going to make sure I'm getting most if not all of my nutrient needs even if I have to sneak it into various meals/snacks/drinks.

If I was looking at 400 calories to go I'd grab a chicken breast around 6oz or a turkey burger patty to max out my protein (protein is critical for me to hit or go over every day) for around 200 calories. It will leave a nice remainder on the carbs/fats which is fine and only aids in losing weight/staying in ketosis.
  • kpk54
    kpk54 Posts: 4,474 Member
    A few days here and there of low calories is not a problem. Chances are you'll be hungrier tomorrow. Doing that long term will often end negatively. It is important to provide your body the nutrition it needs to keep all systems functioning properly. I've read a lot of "my hair is falling out" threads over the years.

Nuts are always on my list for extra fuel packed in a little parcel. And they have a good macro ratio especially if one is counting net carbs or wanting a little extra fiber in their diet.
  • Sunny_Bunny_
    Sunny_Bunny_ Posts: 7,140 Member
    edited September 2018
    I would try to reach your protein goal every day. The percent ratio doesn't really matter. You want to hit that protein for sure and it doesn’t matter if you’re under on fat or carbs.