Thought I was eating TDEE but loosing weight.

So I thought I was eating my TDEE of around 2150, but have been doing so for a couple of weeks and am loosing weight. I have just started this (two weeks ago). Is it better to eat more and find my correct TDEE, or just stay where I am and keep loosing? Eventually wanting to loose a dress size or two, but much more focused on health wellbeing long term. All info is much appreciated, I’m a complete noob at this!!

Replies

• kcmsmith0405
    kcmsmith0405 Posts: 259 Member
    It depends on what you want to do. Do you want to know what your real TDEE is? Then start increasing a little at a time until you stop losing weight - if not go ahead and stay at a cut for 6-12 weeks then go up to TDEE for a couple of weeks to keep your metabolism up and give your body a break.
  • heybales
    heybales Posts: 18,842 Member
    Also, as a woman your BMR and therefore TDEE literally changes through the month.

Besides the fact TDEE changes daily anyway.

So a couple weeks not long enough - you'll require a month minimum to discern anything, 2 months for a change.

If at healthy weight but fat where you don't want it - you could keep losing, recommend very slowly.

But you must be doing lifting if you want to keep weight but lose fat. Because body has to be convinced to made muscle mass to replace lost fat mass.
  • Polly758
    Polly758 Posts: 623 Member
    Unless you are 6'5", or running for two hours a day, that is plenty of calories and I wouldn't worry about it being too low. Once you are happy with your weight you can start bumping the calories up.
  • heybales
    Ignore the post above - they obviously have no idea the group this post was in nor the purpose of what you are doing.
  • Polly758
    Polly758 Posts: 623 Member
    she is eating more and weighing less. I don't see what the problem is.
  • heybales
    2150 is not "plenty of calories" if the desire was to eat TDEE as stated, if weight is being lost still.

If weight still going down, then TDEE is even higher than "plenty of calories" of 2150.

Purpose for most attempting to eat at TDEE is to see just how high it will go while allowing body to recover hormone levels and energy before attempting another deficit.

And really, 2150 isn't that high and hardly requires being a giant or 2 hrs of cardio daily.

Considering 2000 is average TDEE for average _sedentary_ woman, and most with household duties are the ones going over.
  • kcmsmith0405
    kcmsmith0405 Posts: 259 Member
    I eat 20-2200 to lose weight, my TDEE is around 26-2700, If you like to eat try going up and seeing where you wind up! You can check out the TDEE calculator here: http://eatmore2weighless.com/weight-loss-calculator/ . Most people are moderate activity.