I'm loosing just 1kg in month

Options
I'm loosing just 1kg in whole month. I do calories deficit and I burn 500 calories at least if not more in gym. Is been like this for year.What I'm doing wrong ? #frustrated

Replies

• niniundlapin
    niniundlapin Posts: 327 Member
    Options
    Have you checked your measurements? Your sleep quality and types of workout can have some impact on your body & reflect on water retention too...
  • dr_russky
    dr_russky Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    @Katy2Survivor - I can relate to this problem. How close are you to your weight goal?

I am finding that as I close in on the 5 lbs. to go mark, I am only losing about .5 lb a week if I stay on track. If you are close to goal, your body may be resisting those last few pounds / kilos.
  • Letstrythissite
    Options
    The less you have to lose, the harder it is to go through the weight ceiling. Maybe shift the way you eat or reduce the window during which you eat. Could that work for you?
    I am also struggling in trying to lose a small amount. I am reducing the calories intake but the scale at the gym keeps showing a weight increase which drives me mad!
  • Katy2Survivor
    Katy2Survivor Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    Now I stop loosing in two weeks I didn't lost anything. Is driving me crazy.But I refuse to give up. Thank you all for answers and feel free to add me. I need some dedicated people for that extra motivation.💚
  • HoneyBadger302
    HoneyBadger302 Posts: 1,971 Member
    Options
    One more suggestion - if you're not already, start using a trend weight app (such as Libra on android). My weight has up and down trends, sometimes even for weeks. I'll drop like 5 pounds, then go back up 3 and stay there, then eventually drop again. I've been using Libra since January, and while things have gone up, down, and in between, it's easy for me to see that I still have continued an overall downward trend.

I weigh daily, and the app really helps you see and notice your trends and not freak out over a few days that are a bit higher.

Also, plateaus are perfectly normal. Unless it's been over 3 weeks, it's not yet time to change anything, just keep at it!