Vomiting

cgcrutch
cgcrutch Posts: 223 Member
After falling off the keto wagon for a couple months, this go round I have been SUPER sick like the flu but no cold or cough... Just terrible headaches and nausea. Lately I have been vomiting up clear jelly_like stuff! What's happening to my stomach?? Even a bite of something makes me wanna puke, and I have clear jelly stuff in my stomach when I don't eat?? I know, I need a doctor.

Replies

• 2t9nty
    2t9nty Posts: 1,621 Member
    Dunno - I have never experienced this. It does not sound like any fun.
  • Re_Banana
    Re_Banana Posts: 73 Member
    Not sure exactly what could be the cause. Sounds to me like maybe your not eating enough? I know if I am really hungry I get naucea, headache etc. Perhaps sup on some chicken broth it might settle your stomach.

How long has this been going on though?
  • CarolynRSB
    CarolynRSB Posts: 84 Member
    Please return to your regular eating for a few days to see if that resolves the issue. The purpose of keto is not to be ill or throwing up, and there are some people for whom this isn't the "right" way of eating. Your overall health is more important than eating keto! If you stop keto and are still ill, then it the timing could be coincidental. Take care of yourself, and I hope you feel better soon!
  • cgcrutch
    cgcrutch Posts: 223 Member
    edited September 2018
    It's been about 2 weeks. I still eat a lil, except yesterday and today I couldn't because the smell of food made me nauseous. I just ate dinner tho, I do feel a lil sick but much better than before
  • nvmomketo
    nvmomketo Posts: 12,019 Member
    edited September 2018
    Those are symptoms of low electrolytes/sodium: fatigue, nausea, moodiness, brain fog, headaches, BM issues, muscle weakness and eventually muscle spasms.

You need at least 3000-5000 mg of sodium a day. 2300 mg sodium =1 tsp salt. Try pickle juice, a couple of cups of salty boullion a day, homemade salty Mio keto-ade, salt tablets, or just eat a couple of 1/2 teaspoons of salt a day on top of liberally salting your food.

If low sodium is the problem, it should get better within a couple of days. Good luck!!