Week 3:
    Week 4:
    Week 5:
    Week 6: 176.4
    Week 7: 172.0
    Week 8: 170.0
    Week 9: 168.4
    Week 10: 170.5

A positive thought for the week: Oh well, that's what happens when you eat salty junk for 3 days! Live and learn!!
    Healthy snack or meal: it was a bad week - I ate very badly
    Best workout this week: Still not exercising

Comments: Even though I was up this week, which I deserve given all that I ate, I'm ending this session on an up note because I'm down almost 5 pounds. This summer was pretty stressful and the second half of the session, when I had my eating under tight control, I felt really good. Hope a bunch of you are hanging in for the fall session!

• arameni
    arameni Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    Challenge Start Weight: 131.4
    Summer Challenge Wt Goal: 128
    Week 1: 129.8
    Week 2: 132.6
    Week 3: 132.8
    Week 4: 131.8
    Week 5: 131.6
    Week 6: 131.2
    Week 7: ??? (Def saw a 134 at some point but did not measure Monday morning)
    Week 8: 131.2
    Week 9: 129.6
    Week 10: 129.6

A positive thought for the week:
    I'm almost caught up with my paperwork for work! Idk how they expect us to meet these deadlines because there's just no time ever.
    Also built my non ikea but similarly modeled chest of drawers! It's smaller than I'd thought but I'm so excited to finally be able to put things away!
    Healthy snack or meal:
    Fruits! Apple, peach, dried apple
    Best workout this week:
    Dog walk!

Comments: so I've only lost about 2 lbs, but a loss is a loss, which is a win! My phone is telling me I've been taking about 12k steps a day. I assume it's a bit lower, but I need every calorie I can earn! :#

Yes, excited for Fall and continuing this journey. My ultimate weight goal is 115-120, and then I want to start getting buff lol. Or at least be able to do a pull-up. 10/15 pounds in the next 10 months should be doable, but I have definitely heard that the last few are harder. >_<

Good work, everyone!

Also I accidentally pushed "done" instead of "post reply" and it totally deleted my original reply. Gah...
  • SmithsonianEmpress
    SmithsonianEmpress Posts: 1,163 Member
    Options
    arameni wrote: »
    Challenge Start Weight: 131.4
    Summer Challenge Wt Goal: 128
    Week 1: 129.8
    Week 2: 132.6
    Week 3: 132.8
    Week 4: 131.8
    Week 5: 131.6
    Week 6: 131.2
    Week 7: ??? (Def saw a 134 at some point but did not measure Monday morning)
    Week 8: 131.2
    Week 9: 129.6
    Week 10: 129.6

A positive thought for the week:
    I'm almost caught up with my paperwork for work! Idk how they expect us to meet these deadlines because there's just no time ever.
    Also built my non ikea but similarly modeled chest of drawers! It's smaller than I'd thought but I'm so excited to finally be able to put things away!
    Healthy snack or meal:
    Fruits! Apple, peach, dried apple
    Best workout this week:
    Dog walk!

Comments: so I've only lost about 2 lbs, but a loss is a loss, which is a win! My phone is telling me I've been taking about 12k steps a day. I assume it's a bit lower, but I need every calorie I can earn! :#

Yes, excited for Fall and continuing this journey. My ultimate weight goal is 115-120, and then I want to start getting buff lol. Or at least be able to do a pull-up. 10/15 pounds in the next 10 months should be doable, but I have definitely heard that the last few are harder. >_<

Good work, everyone!

Also I accidentally pushed "done" instead of "post reply" and it totally deleted my original reply. Gah...

Do not wait to start to get buff. You should have strength training to your routine now and eat at maintenance. You well lose weight over time and change the shape of your body.
  • gesundundmunter
    gesundundmunter Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    Week 10
    Challenge Start Weight: 237.0
    Summer Challenge Weight Goal: 220.0
    Weigh-in #1: 236.6
    Weigh-in #2: 234.8
    Weigh-in #3: 234.6
    Weigh-in #4: 232.8
    Weigh-in #5: Vacation
    Weigh-in #6: 233.0
    Weigh-in #7: 232.0
    Weigh-in #8: 229.8
    Weigh-in #9: 230.2
    Weigh-in #10: 230.2

A positive thought: I was at 229.0 for a couple of days! Then the weekend a store-bought cold soup with sodium as I have had a toothache/jaw ache, I’m sure that put me up again.
    A healthy snack/meal: Cottage cheese with peach and slivered almonds and Belgian waffle for breakfast.
    My most effective workout this week was: Body cycle.

Comments: The downward trend is there, so I am continuing in the Fall towards my goal of 150 lbs.
  • leonadixon
    leonadixon Posts: 479 Member
    Options
    Start Weight:200.8 (January 2018)
    Challenge Start Weight:191.2
    Challenge Goal Weight:180.0
    Weigh-in#1: 192.2
    Weigh-in#2: 192.0
    Weigh-in#3: 189.8
    Weigh-in#4: 188.6
    Weigh-in#5: 190.6
    Weigh-in #6: 189.8
    Weigh-in #7: 190.6
    Weigh-in #8: 188.6
    Weigh-in #9: 188.0
    Weigh-in#10: 190.2

Wow. Ended the challenge one whole pound down. I struggled this time. I really need to reevaluate what I am doing for the Fall one. I don't think I'm going to make what I wanted to/needed to for my work insurance weigh in, but I won't let that deter me from continuing on!

Oh, and I found out I have a heel spur which is why I am struggling so much to walk! Going to really have to focus on strength training this time around. Maybe that's the key. :smile:
  • poeciliareticulata
    Options
    Starting Weight: 155 (I think)
    Challenge Start Weight: 137
    Summer Challenge Wt Goal: 132
    Weigh-in #1: 136
    Weigh-in #2:
    Weigh-in #3:
    Weigh-in #4: 138
    Weigh-in #5: 137
    Weigh-in #6: 136
    Weigh-in #7: 136
    Weigh-in #8: 136
    Weigh-in #9: 137
    Weigh-in #10: 138

Oops, forgot to post last week. Hugely disappointed in myself for ending this challenge a pound up. Not sure what has gone ‘wrong’ these last two weeks. Didn’t think I was overeating that much and I know from experience that I am not much of a ‘fluctuator’. I am usually pretty constant day to day and month to month. Need to get a grip!

I have re-activated my gym membership (although not been yet...) and FINALLY have an appointment at the docs next month where hopefully I will get a diagnosis and some drugs/solutions to my joint pain/stiffness/inflammation issues.

Autumn challenge is a new start :-)
  • cxwhit3
    cxwhit3 Posts: 293 Member
    Options
    To all,
    It appears that we have all struggled, for whatever reason with this summer session. Kudos to the group who stuck in there and still weighed in even when results were disappointing. I’m optimistic that fall is going to be better for all of us and we’ll start to see progress. Hang in there!

Carol
  • leonadixon
    leonadixon Posts: 479 Member
    Options
    Starting Weight: 155 (I think)
    Challenge Start Weight: 137
    Summer Challenge Wt Goal: 132
    Weigh-in #1: 136
    Weigh-in #2:
    Weigh-in #3:
    Weigh-in #4: 138
    Weigh-in #5: 137
    Weigh-in #6: 136
    Weigh-in #7: 136
    Weigh-in #8: 136
    Weigh-in #9: 137
    Weigh-in #10: 138

Oops, forgot to post last week. Hugely disappointed in myself for ending this challenge a pound up. Not sure what has gone ‘wrong’ these last two weeks. Didn’t think I was overeating that much and I know from experience that I am not much of a ‘fluctuator’. I am usually pretty constant day to day and month to month. Need to get a grip!

I have re-activated my gym membership (although not been yet...) and FINALLY have an appointment at the docs next month where hopefully I will get a diagnosis and some drugs/solutions to my joint pain/stiffness/inflammation issues.

Autumn challenge is a new start :-)

The pain is the worst to be dealing with. I feel like I have been a big baby all year, but I know it is real. I have never looked forward to fall so much in my life! I see it as a new start too! Feeling positive about starting again with a new mindset.
This discussion has been closed.