October 26 Sign In

Options
RangerRickL
RangerRickL Posts: 8,469 Member
Did I exercise for at least 20 minutes?
Did I stay within my calorie budget for the day?
Did I keep track of everything I ate and drank?

Replies

• RangerRickL
    Options
    Hi UAC Team mates!!!
    Last night, I posted on the Challenge board, the November invitation to join the UAC.
    Please help me to keep the UAC alive by going to the link and saying something nice about our UAC team.
    Thanks, Rick click herehttps://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10703466/ultimate-accountability-challenge-for-november#latest
  • RangerRickL
    Options
    hv5qx5cao7rl.jpg
    Please share your love of the UAC.
    Click this link to November Challenge Board invitation https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10703466/ultimate-accountability-challenge-for-november#latest
    Thanks, Rick
  • rockymir
    rockymir Posts: 498 Member
    Options
    Dory_42 wrote: »
    But every step is progress!

Yay! Keep moving forward!

• lessn00
    lessn00 Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    Did I exercise for at least 20 minutes?    Yes..  Upper body
    Did I stay within my calorie budget for the day?    Yes
    Did I keep track of everything I ate and drank?  Yes

• stella7x7
    stella7x7 Posts: 2,618 Member
    Options
    10/26
    Exersized?- yes
    Caleries?-yes
    Loggedyes
  • Bill70Strong
    Bill70Strong Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    Did I exercise for at least 20 minutes? Yes, a 60 minute Pilates Reformer class, 60 minutes strength training, and 30 minutes Pilates Mat.
    Did I stay within my calorie goal for the day? Yep
    Did I keep track of everything I ate and drank? Yep
  • jan110144
    jan110144 Posts: 1,280 Member
    Options
    If it weren't for the Challenge ...

Today was a nasty, rainy, cold fall day. I spent the morning at the barn with the horse getting her fall vaccinations and then went the the eye doc for a post-op check-up. Then, home for lunch. Did I want to go back out to the gym for my 50 minutes on the rowing machine ? NO!!!

Then I thought about taking my first pass day of the challenge (for no really good reason). Just the little motivational nudge I needed.

Yes x 3!!
  • BMcC9
    BMcC9 Posts: 4,387 Member
    Options
    Did I exercise for at least 20 minutes? Yes - 48 minutes before supper and another 27 minutes after supper
    Did I stay within my calorie budget for the day? Yes - thanks to after-supper session ... :s
    Did I keep track of everything I ate and drank? Yes - why I knew i NEEDED that after-supper session ......... :#
  • w8goal4life
    w8goal4life Posts: 1,375 Member
    Options
    I don't usually post in the morning, but I am transitioned to my renewed cold weather indoor exercise. Today, I finished my cardio/strength workout with a total of 180 skips with my jump rope. I have never done more than 140 successive skips. The best thing is that this is the beginning of my indoor workouts, so I usually do poorly with the cardio portion of my workout. Just feeling happy that this 68 year old guy can skip a rope!
    Rick

@RangerRickL Congrats on skipping rope. :) I'm green with envy 0dgaj5m8qmtg.jpg. Decided I might try it after 50+ years. Guess what??? LOL...I don't have the coordination to get to 10, so definitely not up for a challenge with you! Thought better of it, and prefer not to hurt myself...so I will just stick to the indoor walking and exercise videos for the winter, thank you very much!

10/26
    Exercise? Yes...1 hour early evening chilly walk with my boyfriend.
    Calories? Yes
    Tracked? Everything logged

Have a fantastic weekend everyone! Kind regards.
  • RangerRickL
    Options
    @w8goal4life I started jumping rope last winter. I had never skipped rope except maybe in one or two gym classes in high school. What has made the difference for me are the ropes made my www.crossrope.com
    There are a wide selection of ropes which include ropes of different weights. My favorite is the 1/2 lb rope. I own a 1/4 lb rope and a 1 lb rope. The 1 lb rope causes too much stress on my right elbow. My right elbow was injured when I was in high school and after surgery, the orthopedic surgeon told me that I would have full range of motion, but I would not have strength.
    Having a rope with some weight allows the rope to be skipped more slowly when you start. Later you can build speed. Take a look at the website.
    Warning: these ropes are expensive.
  • RangerRickL
    Options
    Exercise: 57 minutes of cardio/strength
    Tracking: good
    Calories; nice margin under my limit.
  • allmannerofthings
    allmannerofthings Posts: 829 Member
    Options
    pass number 3
    exercise - yes afternoon walk
    calories - over by 54 I had an extra snack - it thought my exercise calories would cover it - i forgot that the fitbit giveth and the fitbit taketh away
    tracked - yes

still if it weren't for this challenge I would not have had that afternoon walk - it was a cold grey day, but I walked home from work anyway.
  • w8goal4life
    w8goal4life Posts: 1,375 Member
    Options
    @w8goal4life I started jumping rope last winter. I had never skipped rope except maybe in one or two gym classes in high school. What has made the difference for me are the ropes made my www.crossrope.com
    There are a wide selection of ropes which include ropes of different weights. My favorite is the 1/2 lb rope. I own a 1/4 lb rope and a 1 lb rope. The 1 lb rope causes too much stress on my right elbow. My right elbow was injured when I was in high school and after surgery, the orthopedic surgeon told me that I would have full range of motion, but I would not have strength.
    Having a rope with some weight allows the rope to be skipped more slowly when you start. Later you can build speed. Take a look at the website.
    Warning: these ropes are expensive.

@RangerRickL Thank you for the information. Others might find it useful, but I think I will pass. When I broke my left leg in early December 10 years ago (3 fractures: a tib-fib and a plate fracture) surgery put Humpty Dumpty back together, again, with 2 plates and 9 screws for permanent hardware. I was in a wheelchair for months and didn't begin to start walking until the following May when my first attempt was just to make it across the kitchen floor. The orthopedic surgeon said I would never run, skip, hop, or jump, again. It took me months to learn to walk, again...which is what started my walking regimen years ago. I can walk for miles without any issues, so I think I will just be happy with that and keep my two feet on the ground :). I admire your willingness to try new fitness adventures, though. Hiking is about as far as I go beyond walking.
  • molly3210
    molly3210 Posts: 804 Member
    Options
    Yes x 2... nope, actually only yes x I
    Lots of exercise, but I don't feel I could accurately track tonight's restaurant meal.and even with an hour of boot camp, standing all day and a 30 min dog walk, I surely went over in calories.